Do you believe in fate or predestination?

by Dimples 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

As a jw I always found it difficult not to accept the fact that our lives weren't mapped out for us. I believe people we meet in life and things that happen to us are for a reason. I feel our life and death has been planned already. What are your thoughts?

Dimples

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No... I don't believe in either. I do believe in coincidences though!

If everyone's deaths were planned (presumably by God?) then is God responsible for atrocities like 9/11? Predestination in my opinion places all the blame on God. That would be one sick God.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Do you believe in fate or predestination?

No ... maybe we are affected by some kind of vibrations ... but I don't know ... I don't believe in fate nor predestination (most logical consequences and pur hazard with maybe a bit of vibrations ... here I stand for now)

• Dimples
    Dimples

Good point dr. Thanks! Makes a lot of sense. What about finding a soul-mate?

Dimples

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What about finding a soul-mate?

I think there are probably millions of possible soul-mates out there. I don't believe there is only one on the entire planet... no one would ever find someone they consider a soul-mate!

• shera
    shera

I believe I'm going to die when I die,no matter at what time I'm in with this life.I will die at the rightly so time.

When I was born,I'll die at 86,I'm 33 and I'll still die at 86.

• Dimples
    Dimples
    I think there are probably millions of possible soul-mates out there

Than I must be one lucky lady because I have mine.

Dimples

• Aztec
    Aztec

Fate, predestination and soulmates are all hooey! Your life is what you make it and if you believe otherwise I feel sorry for you. If I thought my life was all predetermined why would I bother doing anything? I'd be just as well off sitting on my butt and doing nothing all day cause, this is what's supposed to happen. Soulmates, no way? I connect with many people on many levels. Perhaps if they and I were at differant points in our lives or other circumstances things would happen but, I am happy to have them as friends! At some point I hope to find someone simpatico with me but I don't worry about it.

~Aztec

• Dimples
    Dimples
    Your life is what you make it and if you believe otherwise I feel sorry for you

True! Thanks for your input. I love getting peoples opinions, really gets the wheels turning.

Can you see the smoke yet? LOL!

Dimples

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I belive in neither fate nor predestination -- life is what we make it - time and unforeseen occurence befall us all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit