I'm at a loss...dazzzed and confused...

by Red Witch 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I left I tossed it all

Now I collect but then I collect books anyway.

I get them in second hand bookstores and buy them so others won't get trapped. And I keep meaning to scan them but someone else has done most of that. hmmm maybe I need to check which ones I have and see what still needs to be done. Then I could destroy the books hey that could be fun!!!

Sometimes - not often I need to see the real page where they said something just to prove they are lying when they now say "We never said it" Seeing the editing that was done was a real eye-opener for me and helped a lot of pieces fall into place. It is one thing for someone on the net to say it was edited but after having been duped once I want proof that they did indeed offer prophesies and then lied about it.

So I am collecting again

But I tell you they sure take up a lot less space on a CD than they do on a shelf

• caspian
    caspian

Lady Lee

Sometimes - not often I need to see the real page where they said something just to prove they are lying when they now say "We never said it" Seeing the editing that was done was a real eye-opener for me and helped a lot of pieces fall into place. It is one thing for someone on the net to say it was edited but after having been duped once I want proof that they did indeed offer prophesies and then lied about it.

So true so true so true

Cas

• blondie
    blondie

Red witch, it is not bad to wonder. I don't have the same attachment I had in the past. I have not seen a magazine for almost 5 months. I just get the study articles e-mailed to me. After seeing a side article from another poster, I can see that I am not missing much.

I am just a recent fader and am a researcher by trade. I wonder how the WTS could have floated so much BS past me in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I guess I was a true believer then. It has taken me too much time to wake up. I hope that my reviews help someone wake up sooner than I did.

I agree that many of us need to get some professional guidance. Coming from a family of abuse, I have been doing that for some time, more for maintenance.

Many leave the WTS but still can be stuck in the cycle of abuse.

Also it helps to associate with others of like background, like recovering alcoholics meet to help each other. They can share their unique experiences with someone who has been there and may have some tips or encouragement that things will get better.

Blondie (who gets much support and encouragement at JWD)

• Hamas
    Hamas

So we can outline mind control and WT tactics for future gullible converts.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• Dimples
    Dimples

I tossed all my books when I left. I did keep the new world translation to compare it with other bibles. I also, have the cd's for reference in case someone questions me ,allowing me to do the research. I like getting them with things out of their own publications.

Dimples

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Jelly, what a waste, there are plenty of studious apostates who would have loved them.

Why? Because we need to remind ourselves of where we have been, and to be able to debate with confidence .

My wife still brings home the publications and I like to keep up with them. Call it a perverse interest but I just want to know what they are saying.

• Special K
    Special K

there are many on the forum here that do a great job of using the WT literature to research and as is often the case....

the J.W. literature is what seems to be the downfall of their organization...

If it is really studied with an open mind.. IT IMPLODES ON ITSELF !!!

I didn't keep mine when I left, however, I do see the benefits (for some) to keep it ..to use it against this man-made organization.

sincerely

special k

• jwbot
    jwbot
    All any of us want of our parents and family is for them to love us as we are, with unconditional love. You deserve it jwbot and so do I.

(((RedWitch)))

:)

• jelly
    jelly
    Jelly, what a waste, there are plenty of studious apostates who would have loved them.

From a logical standpoint you are correct in that keeping the books makes sense. From an emotional standpoint I just wanted to rid myself of all their control and things that remind me of their control. In retrospect I should have probably given them to one of you guys, but that was pre-internet for me.

Terry

• Prisca
    Prisca

I don't read or collect anything recent but I do have plenty of old publications, and publications from recent times that contain changes (like the QFR article that said blood fractions were ok).

Why? Because I still have family trapped in the Borg, so I keep the publications to be able to prove things from their own publications. A staunch JW will not take seriously a quote that has been photocopied or that comes from the internet just in case it has been tampered with. So I keep the original publications, so they can see with their own eyes what the WTS said in years past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit