I'm at a loss...dazzzed and confused...

by Red Witch 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

Why is it when so many of you have left the "oh so illusrious" organization, want to have possesion of their publications? Unless, as far as I can figure, you are still somewhat enthralled, dazzed and confused with what they have to say.

When I left, so did all their propaganda. I found reading it to only be counter-productive to myself and my children.

Do you really care what they are saying or doing? I don't mean to be antagonistic, I just want to understand why so many ex-jws still want to discuss their "light" as an ongoing interest.

• shamus
    shamus

I understand what you mean, Redwitch. When I left, I gathered all my books, packed them into 3 large boxes, and left them at the Kindumb hall for others to use.... just so that plant in Brooklyn wouldn't use up more trees for their worthless propaganda.

Why do people keep it?

Because they are seeking all the incorrect things that the WTBTS has done over the years, and exposing them. These are the people that show just how stupid this religion really is.

Personally, I have no use for their publications. I have a lot of respect for the people who expose their lies by pouring over their drivel for hours on end... and share their findings with us.

Shamus.

• blondie
    blondie

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    - George Santayana

Well, there are some here still going to the meetings and need a way to combat the propaganda on a weekly basis.

Some still have family members and friends they want to help to leave.

And some feel that as Santayana said above.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I want to gather all the information and evidence-from their own puplications to prove them wrong, maybe to my family or friends, anyone that will listen.

It also serves of a justification of why I am gone...I have only been out a short time...perhaps in time I will not need to look at their literature and say "see? This is why this religion sucks".

• shamus
    shamus

Exacly, Blondie and JWbot.

Blondie is the one who does this... she will go point by point through a watchtower and refute every paragraph with simple bible knowledge and understanding. This she posts here on the forum for all the lurkers and us....

Not an easy feat to do, let me assure you.

Thanks, Blondie for doing that BTW

Shamus

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Red Witch I understand where you are coming from. I have no need to hash over jw materials. Where I have no need to prove whatever. I do understand that each one of us is on a different place with journey and healing. I am not offended by others wanting to engage in the bible and doctrines and what have you. For me is not something that I need to discuss. Its not a benefit for me for me emotionally.

My reason being here to hear others ways of healing and moving on. We all have our reasons being on JWD.

Old Crow

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

Shamus--I am with you...I do appreciate those who are able to show the org as being clearly wrong in many of their teachings as it does re-affirm my resolve. I think that may be one reason I have been hanging around here and saying "right on" to many of their posts. and "Good point! "(jw-dubism). sorry, even after so many years, I find their coloquilisms (sp?) popping right out of my mouth at times.

Blondie--yes, many do repeat their past. Often as in women who gravitate towards abusive men. I thank my friend-a liberal jw in the early 80s for directing me toward professional counseling-as it has provided me the strength and resolve to avoid all controlling relationships/personnal or religeous. There are so many here as I lurk...who need just that... professional help.

I did leave my family behind, but never felt the need to try and get them away. My reasons initially for leaving had nothing to do with dogma. My family can easily be described as being 'fanatic'.

My words from my own experiences and observations to those who are 'sitting on the fence' sh*t or get off!! As you will only remain in a confused state if you continue sitting where you are.

jwbot--I feel and think one's need to affect others with one's personal revelations is a left-over from being a 'preaching jehovah's witness'. This is not an attack on you personally, just a result of my observations, experiences and general gut feelings about people in general.

RedWitch

• jwbot
    jwbot

jwbot--I feel and think one's need to affect others with one's personal revelations is a left-over from being a 'preaching jehovah's witness'. This is not an attack on you personally, just a result of my observations, experiences and general gut feelings about people in general.

hehe ok the highlight is on...whatever.

Honestly RedWitch...I hated preaching...I am just an opinionated person. Preaching had never become ingrained in me, I did not care what worldly people felt, I was embarrassed to talk to them. I never counseled a friend or any of that crap. I can promise you, me only intention is that I feel that I do not like their personal attacks on my lifestyle. They feel I am a bad person for things I do, and for who I am. My only concern is to get my parents and family to love me again and to not be dissapointed...and to not feel I am a bad person. I could care less about their beleifs about God, or even the religion...just as long as they would see that shunning is wrong and I am still their daughter.

I beg you to please not make generalizations about me in the future. Tonight, your general gut feeling is wrong, no offence. Thanks.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

I beg you to please not make generalizations about me in the future. Tonight, your general gut feeling is wrong, no offence. Thanks.

It's just that trying to change a persons 'righteous' religeous convictions is not the way I do/would go about winning back my family. I work from the angle that, hopefully, there is some form of natural affection left within them. And when I have made contact it is from a planned angle of attack, so to speak (sheesh, 'so to speak' jw-dubism again) on a level that will affect them emotionally as a parent or friend. Refuting what the wt says only puts them on the defensive.

I only want them to love me as a daughter as well. We/you are not 'bad' persons for our lifestyles or who we are unless we are purposely attempting to hurt others for not agreeing with us; which brings us back to the evil shunning which is so popular/required with the jws. Shunning is a purposfull method of emotionally hurting others in order to force them to comply with their wishes. I beleive it makes them feel 'self righteous' and that is only one of their great evils.

My comments were'nt meant as generalizations, simply conclusions from personnal experience and observance, of which I am sad to admit I have many. All any of us want of our parents and family is for them to love us as we are, with unconditional love. You deserve it jwbot and so do I.

• jelly
    jelly

The pioneer lunatic that studied with me gave me, when I got babtized, the bound watchtowers from early 90's to mid 50's. Had some awakes in there too but I cannot remember how far back. He acted like he was giving me the crown jewels. Two years later I tossed them into a dumpster.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit