Dino dies in Flood...

by Tashawaa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Natas --- that's a good point . I don't think there is any doubt in anyones mind that there was a mass extinction of dinosaurs . Why does it have to do with a global flood ? scientists have been playing with the theory of an asteroid hitting the earth and creating a cloud of dust particles in the atmosphere that could have even escaped the the atmosphere , this theory works fine especially if we put the watery canopy that is talked about in genesis above the earth. There are plenty of theories that sound reasonable enough without claiming that dinos existed until noahs day. dinos exited when the earth was very young so there was alot of volcanic activity that could account for many mass dino deaths . It just doesn't make sense to conclude that dinos drowned in the flood .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As I recall there was indeed the thought that the dinosaurs didn't die until the flood but are there any references in publications?

• wobble
    wobble

What is a small error like 65 million years to the WT ?

They will excuse their laughable grasp on reality if we do manage to dig up some actual quotes, one indicator of their muddled thinking is the old green (1961?) edition of the NWT, on the inside cover it had a map of the near east with Bible sites and cities marked, and a Dino wandering about, down in Africa if I recall, WTF was the thinking behind that ?

• Caedes
    Caedes

this theory works fine especially if we put the watery canopy that is talked about in genesis above the earth.

Oh good grief, what complete twoddle.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Noah's real name was Fred Flintstone . . . he was a dino driver and a boat builder in his spare time.

It's in the Bible.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Here's Dino. Ain't he cute? (Inside front cover 1961 NWT)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

He looks lost bless him.

.......and arent the blokes gigantic!!?!??!?!

Must be Nephilim! Proof positive the dinosaurs all perished in the flood!

Personally I don't know why god used a flood and didn't just use his 'anti-matter' that he obviously keeps on Alcyone where he obviously lives!

• still thinking
    still thinking

thanks for posting that picture trans...LOL...****wonder why they took it out of the later editions****

by the way trans....you have a PM..in a sec

• ambersun
    ambersun

Awww, I used to love looking at that little dino inside the cover of the NWT. I found it quite comforting for some reason, probably because he looked as lost and lonely as I sometimes felt. Sorry they have killed him off in the later editions

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

This may be a genuine discovery, in which case it is a pity as it is quite likely valuable information will be lost when amateurs extract it from the matrix.

As described it in no way "debunks the theory of evolution" or proves a global flood.

HOWEVER... my bullshit sensor is going off the scale here.

So you get almost $1k a head off people to go on a bone hunt, and jiminy, they find 'bones'. It is on private land so no competent oversight. WOuld not surprise me if these 'bones' remained in the CreationIDiotist circles free of any real investigation.

Many sincere people will be impressed, but somewhere (as has happened before in both CreationIDiotist and real scientific circles) there is someone who has seeded a site with plaster-casts knowing the ruse will not be discovered as those finding them don't trust real scientists. Next season they will be inudated with people wanting to find bones, all willing to pay for it.

I could be wrong, I could be right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit