Dino dies in Flood...

by Tashawaa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27686

.... where to start??????

How about what was missing from the article... like a reliable dating method by two sources?

I imagine myself there, assessing this discovery (scratching my head and furrowing my brow as I concentrate on the evidence)... I focus on the "debri" and "wood - some petrified". Ahhh, a clue. Only a great global flood could kill a Allosaurus leaving it in this position with the evidience of its demise in tact.

• Simon
    Simon

Ah ... the mistake people make is thinking that if something died in "a" flood it must have been "the" flood from the bible which we know is hogwash.

There are some good articles discussing the flood and dinosaurs at http://www.talkorigins.org/

The best one for me is that creationists claim that oil and coal was formed from the pressure of the flood and these also wiped out the dinosaurs ... but there are dinosaur footprints found in coal

• heathen
    heathen

I think the biggest problem with alot of creationists is they insist that a day is 24 hrs in genesis . I don't think there is anyway to make it sound even reasonable on those terms . What's interesting tho is that there are still animals that date back to the dinosaur age that still exist today such as crocks and sharks . I don't see how finding one dino that drowned is proof of a global flood . I have seen evidence of entire herds of dinos that were believed to have drowned in a river crossing. If we look at animals today we can see how they react to various preditors or how they instinctively rove to forage for food including risky river crossings .

• sf
    sf

My heart just sank. There is a cherished poster here by the name Dino.

Whew, what a relief when I read this thread's contents.

sKally

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks sKally girl.

Love ya.

Dino

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol...Skally,

I thought exactly the same thing with the same reactions. I realized, after the dust has settled, that our Dino always has his head well above water.

Take care Dino.

HS

• sf
    sf
    "...that our Dino always has his head well above water."

That is what makes him well above many of the exjw men I've encountered. There is one more that comes close yet shall remain my secret.

I never get that feeling that I could possibly drown if I latched onto 'Him'. It's a good feeling. One I cherish deeply.

{{{ Visit Smiley Central! Dino!! }}}

sKally

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Visit Smiley Central! well according to Sean Connery who plays and aging ex SAS guy in The Rock winners go home and f--- the prom queen

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As I read about how wonderfully INTACT the skeleton was, I wondered if that in itself does not strongly suggest that the Allosaurus did NOT die in a "cataclysmic flood."

Here's why: out here around Seattle, we have the the remains of a mudflow that occurred more than 5,000 years ago, caused by a minor euption of Mount Rainier. This mudflow was the consistency of CONCRETE, about 3/4 of a cubic mile in volume, and it flowed more than 60 miles from Mount Rainier to Puget Sound. The flowing mud stripped the bark off of broken trees. Had there been an allosaurus in the way I doubt that he would have remained intact, with most of his spine as carefully aligned as it was when he left his chiropractor's office that fateful morning.

I have also seen the basalt "melons" in Hagerman, Idaho left by the Bonneville flood 15,000 years ago.

Have you ever seen how rocks come out of a rock tumbler after the first stage of tumbling? No matter what shape they were in when they entered the tumbler, they come out quite well rounded off. That's what the basalt "melons" in Idaho look like, except that many of them are as large as a volkswagon beetle or the garage the beetle would sleep in! Imagine the force of a flood that would move twenty-ton boulders as if they were pebbles. It is unlikely that such an environment would leave much of anything caught in it INTACT.

POWDERED would be more likely.

In the case of this allosaurus, I think it may be more likely that he died where he stood as a result of a poisonous cloud of volcanic gas. Maybe the "air" suddenly became filled with sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide (more poisonous than cyanide, by the way), or mabe the local air temperature spiked to 250 degrees. PLOP! One dead dinosaur, and any local scavengers would have died the same way, resulting in an undisturbed, intact fossil.

That's my story, and I'll stick to it until it is time to change.

• Dino
    Dino

HS and sKally!

Thanks for the kind words. I feel the same about ya'll.

Have a great week!

Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit