Changes and why

by Formerbrother 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

So far these are all the recent changes I know of, please add more if I have missed anything.

1. All construction projects have either been stopped or reduced.

2. All Bethels are downsizing by at least 20% within one year of the announcement, and almost certainly more in years to come.

3. Remaining Belelites will have to make their own food, do their own washing and cleaning.

No more laundry department, no more kitchen and waiters, no more housekeeping!

And you still only get £80 per month, but no rent or bills, and food will be provided in the family fridge but you have to prepare it yourself.

As to why, it has been said several times officially its not because of a lack of funds, but how could that possibly be the truth?

• Heaven
    Heaven

4) Don't wear tight pants or coloured socks as this is a homosexual thing and homosexuals are trying to convert you (I think that's the reason).

• never a jw
    never a jw

but how could that possibly be the truth?

It's not.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    how can you tell a GB member is lying? his lips are moving
  • Splash
    Splash

DO's were all retired.

Special pioneers (paid) are being cut back and asked to become regular pioneers (work for free).

Kingdom halls have been instructed to pledge a monthly amount to the WWW.

Lett told us "there's more going out than coming in".

• life is to short
    life is to short

But every JW I have spoken to is so EXCITED! "It's it just wonderful the way the faith-salve takes such good care of us with all the changes going on."

I just don't get it how can they not see the absurdity of it. I often wonder if I had not woken up when the pedophiles moved in if I would still be that stupid.

LITS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Will the GB make their own food and do their own washing?

It sounds miserable. And pretty dubious in terms of cost saving.

• done4good
    done4good

LITS-But every JW I have spoken to is so EXCITED! "It's it just wonderful the way the faith-salve takes such good care of us with all the changes going on."

Yes, but this exuberance is unsustainable, as it is all based on hyperbole, not substance. The GB, (or whoever it is), cannot just keep making changes without destabilizing things, eventually. In the business sense, no business would survive this level of constant change without reprieve.

For the R&F, the novelty eventually wears off, and these folks eventually have to come back down to reality. That is where apathy sets in and it is only a matter of time before they begin to question it all.

Either way, this is good, really.

d4g

• Heaven
    Heaven

"There is more evidence confirming the existence of the Kingdom than the evidence that would convince us that there is gravity, electricity, wind." - Stephen Lett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6405yjZfo

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you look closely, most changes that have been made in JW Land are based on money.

One example is their eliminating the set price for literature and going to donations was related to a court case in the US about sales tax on religious publications.

Less printing? Isn't is obviously cost cutting?

Eliminating Special Pioneers. Saves money.

Cutting Bethel Staff? Saves more money.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit