The wife told me I think too much...

by James Mixon 35 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Please tell me how not to think too much and get a good night sleep. When I was a JW I didn't think too much because I knew everything, but now my mind works overtime. How in the hell can I shut it down and stop the anxiety????

• cofty
    cofty

Balance the deep thinking with something fun that you are interested in. Read novels as well as important books. When you go to bed at night close all the drawers in your mind where the important stuff is kept and indulge in reverie.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Talk to friends and other people you trust. That helps calming your mind (at least it does it with mine). I think 100 things at a time, so talking to trusted people about the things that you cannot talk to everyone helps declutter your mind.

Some people medicate by using prescription drugs. I don't like that, but it works for some people.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The wife mention this because maybe it had something to do with this weekend, three classmate funerals this weekend.

• Jayk
    Jayk

Read before bed, draw, go for a walk. Those are the basic for anyone.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

lofty:A good idea "balance the deep thinking with something funny. scratchme1010: I don't like medication either, not for me....

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Jayk: walking really got my blood pressure down, so I try to keep active but lately I wake up around 4;30am thinking about all kind of crazy things. What if I'am wrong and they are right (JW's lol), I'am 70 years old so how much longer will I be around, I hope I go before the wife(die) so you see crazy stuff.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

JWs were never right once in 150 years. Why would that change now.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Too much thinking is the cause of Unhappiness. Certain things get resolved with time. Hence take it one at a time. When going to sleep, leave everything for tomorrow, after you wake up.

After all, waking up the next day is not guaranteed (for anyone) then why worry tonight.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    What if I'am wrong and they are right (JW's lol)

James Mixon, I had very similar feelings from about 2014 to 2016, before I went full PIMO. Right now despite my situation I feel greater peace and control than ever before, including when I was all in, but those two years of internal struggling we're terrible. Although I don't suffer from mental illness it was probably the closest I've felt to being schizophrenic. There was my JW self and my 'apostate' (real) self and it was so draining just to sort through facts and feelings. It would keep me up at night and distract me at meetings, it would make me have mood swings. I know you'll work through it, but hopefully it's sooner rather than later. You can make it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit