Governing Body - Time in Ministry

by Peeringin 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember a very professionally-done JW Broadcasting video showing a GB member working in the door-to-door ministry.

So professionally-done, in fact, that the worldy householder (somehow? unwittingly?) allowed the WT production crew to enter his home ahead of time, and set up an over-his-shoulder camera shot to perfectly capture said GB member and his partner making their pitch after the householder opened the door.

All impromptu, of course.:smirk:

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Field service is a job for the minions, not for the 'slave.' The 'slave' directs the work, silly!

VIDIOT: The disturbing image of the little girl (about 3 years old) who was enlisted to cry repeatedly for a Watchtower article photo shoot a few years ago - until they got "the" shot - definitely crossed a line in the Christian sand.

The org and the kid's parents should have been prosecuted for child abuse.

• SadElder
    SadElder

When working at Crooklyn on some special projects, I remember seeing Martin Poetzinger and his wife standing on the corner down by Cadman Plaza holding up magazines like little soldiers but can't recall ever seeing them converse with anyone. Maybe they got a 2 for one hour credit for going out in service right there for all the visitors to see.

• Prester John
    Prester John

Martin Poetzinger - he was held up as an example when I was a kid. No doubt with his German tinged accent,

"Zis von zing I do - seek first ze Kingdom."

Can't help thinking that if he were in a cong today he would be a consuming fire

• sparky1
    sparky1

Marty and Gertie 'clocking in time' out in the ministry.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Weren’t some of the GB 1.0 well known for doing regular street preaching round Brooklyn: Franz, Barry, Poetzinger, as mentioned, and people like that.

Has Paul Gillies been appointed to the GB yet? I wonder if he goes on the ministry. Maybe he’s lacking hours!

I'm tempted to start a thread “has Paul Gillies been appointed to the GB yet?” Just to see if it influences his promotion. Or, “why hasn’t Paul Gillies been appointed yet?” Or, “has apostate speculation ruined Paul Gillies’ rise to the GB?”

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Does it matter ?

Of course your going to see them out in service occasionally.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Anna Marina

Isa.43:10;12 is as you say speaking to the Israelites / jews of the day and its interesting to note they never from that time on identified themselves as Jehovah`s Witnesses .

Jehovah God never rebuked them for not identifying themselves as Jehovah`s Witnesses from that time on.

When Jesus walked the earth he never rebuked Jews / Israelites for not taking up the name Jehovah`s Witnesses in accord with what was said in Isa.43:10-12 "You are my witnesses "

Simply because that was not the intent of that scripture for them to identify as such.

I`m sorry if I have gone off topic .

The christian Greek Scriptures / New Testament unequivocally testify that followers of Jesus Christ are to be witnesses of Jesus and that his Jesus name is "the name that is above every other name" 'so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on the earth and those under the ground "Phil.2:10 NWT printed by the WTB&TS.

Acts 11: 26b " it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called christians "

Note : By divine providence followers / believers of Jesus were to be called Christians

Not Jehovah`s witnesses.

Their are many scriptures in the NWT of the Christian greek scriptures ? New Testament that state christians are to be witnesses of Jesus there is not one scripture according to the KI ,kingdom Interlinear of The Christian Greek Scriptures published by the WTB&TS a word for word translation of Greek into English where Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah ,their is not one scripture that says so.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Smiddy - yes that's right.

And when I presented the GB with the absolute scriptural proof that they were in opposition to someone who could, reasonably be identified as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, ie the prophet Daniel, I got met with silence. Utter and complete silence.

The prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel and can also be described as Jehovah's Witnesses and their words also prove 1914 wrong. So I took 3 witnesses against them. Three witnesses genuinely inspired by Jehovah and GB ignored all of them! Shortly after my communications had hit Bethel (recorded, signed for), Anthony Morris was see out buying whiskey. Don't know if there was any connection to my letters and website.

The only thing I am or ever was, is a Christian. I went along with the name 'Jehovah's Witness' as an alternative term for a Christian on the basis that Jesus was the greatest descendant of Jacob. But really people who follow Jesus' teachings are Christians, nothing else. Or that's how it should be, even if people do choose to take denominational names.

Anyway hope Anthony enjoyed his whiskey. The GB obviously have lots of time to go shopping but no time to address my serious scriptural concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3XSW59j0tI&t=5s

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

I will come back on Herd picture

Many things to say

First the man at left look at his case ... bad bad photoshoped

And another strange thing ... they walk under the trees ... many spot of

light and shades on the grass , on the wood ... on the left man but

nothing on Herd ... how is that possible his clothes are made of the

same matter than the Black Monolith of "2001 A space Odissey" (A. C Clarck)

I doubt of the reality of this picture ...

and for Sanderson some years ago another picture of GB member near

the sea on jw.org ... but when I look where picture could be taken ... I found

it was near the old headquarter of Brooklyn on the East River Side ( here

https://www.google.fr/maps/@40.7034479,-73.9952101,3a,75y,213.87h,93.7t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNxlhEBg0C8ccImQez3-tsSfqT1cVGfQxrqINsr!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNxlhEBg0C8ccImQez3-tsSfqT1cVGfQxrqINsr%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya345.81256-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352 )

Where Sanderson exactly is ??

Best regards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit