Attention

by oldcrowwoman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot
    "To have one's individuality completely ignored is like being pushed out of life. Like being blown out as one blows out a light." ---Evelyn Scott

That's how I felt in the borg - I spent decades never really fitting in, trying to find friends with this person or that person, and always feeling like an outsider. Now I realize it's because I wasn't allowed to be "me". I couldn't fit in with anyone else since I wasn't myself at that time.

Thanks for the post OCW.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes this rang true for me. Knowing on a deep level having my spirit snuffed. Even tho I have done alot of internal work on self. Those feeling get touch every so often. Kind a like a reminder where I have been. And to know I don't need to stay there!!

I find it important to acknowledge one's presence. We all need touch by gestures or words to touch our souls. That do belong here.

OCW

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes this rang true for me. Knowing on a deep level having my spirit snuffed. Even tho I have done alot of internal work on self. Those feeling get touch every so often. Kind a like a reminder where I have been. And to know I don't need to stay there!!

I find it important to acknowledge one's presence. We all need touch by gestures or words to touch our souls. That do belong here.

OCW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit