She works hard for the money

by Sadie5 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations on the new job, Sadie! Just remember yall're not alone....I went to Target the other morning.....EARLY....right after the store opened....and they called all employees to the front for a Target Pep Rally and additionally a B'day celebration for one of the employees....I guess they all have their idols...

Frannie B

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sadie, congrats on your job. Glad you are enjoying it!

Said very tongue-in-cheek: So you are now required to idolize the founder, have your own loaded language that only members understand, work ungodly hours... ? Sounds like a cult!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's probably just a focussing point for the average chmoe who lives from weekend to weekend.

But i am curious about what the 'wallmart associate' means. How does it differ from 'employee', or is it part of the wallmart lingo?

SS

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Wal-Mart and Target have their own verbiage. I worked at Target for 2 1/2 years, part-time and mostly weekends. I was single and had all the time in the world to do that. I first worked in the office, then they put the operators onto the floor and made us work in the ladies fitting room. Pretty easy job, just hand them the hangers with the number of items on them and take them back. The fun part was seeing what people did after they left the fitting room. The bra boxes that were filled with the old bras of the former owners and they walked out with their new lingerie undetected. Child's throw-up on the carpet. (that was pretty easy to detect.) The parents who insisted on taking the shopping carts into the dressing room when they were told they couldn't. I'd love getting into it with those grandmothers. Then when it wasn't busy, we had to "zone" or go straighten out the floor. Pretty easy, just organizing the clothes. When the phones were busy, I couldn't do both jobs very effectively. One of the managers everyone hated(I refer to her as Mrs. Spoon, because she was always stirring up stuff.) enjoyed coming over to our area and make trouble and enjoyed yelling at us. I told her she could yell at those little 18 year olds, but I was over 30 and she better lay off. She gave me one of those "if looks could kill" and left me alone after that.

By the way, Good luck!

• talesin
    talesin

hey, congratulations, sadie!!!

I knew you were going to get the job!

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit