Class Action Lawsuit Against The Watchtower Corporation By The Multitude Left Penniless After A Vow Of Poverty And Obediance Lasting Decades

by Brokeback Watchtower 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    The religious freedoms granted by the constitution is manly for the person not those claiming to run a religion.

Nonsense. No distinction whatsoever is made. The First amendment, for your consideration.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Disfellowshipping anyone from any religion is the right of a religion. Forcing someone to speak to someone they choose not to speak to for religious reasons would be a VIOLATION of the 1st Amendment. And why in the hell would you want to talk to someone who is being FORCED to talk to you in the first place?

Every few months on here you come spouting off about CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS, Brokeback, without any real knowledge about the nature of what such lawsuits are intended for, (clue: not for the governmental destruction of wacky religions). Its not adding to the conversation.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Those aren't class actions based on belief systems, Brokeback. They are for child molestation.

• Landy
    Landy

LG is correct - please stop it.

And why you quoted child abuse cases when you're not talking about safeguarding issues I have no idea.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LostGeneration - "...Shunning, while distasteful and unethical, is protection under the freedoms of the Constitution, and why anyone would want it any other way is beyond me..."

To punish the shunner by forcing him to... be nice and talk to you?

Seriously, though, I think the reason so many wish there were legal ways to beat the shun gun is because they want their still-in family to be able to associate with them without threat of being ostracized themselves.

• new boy
    new boy

I'm afraid Lost Generation is right. When I was on the front page of "The Oregonian" in 2002 blasting the shunning policy's. They wanted to interview someone from the WTB@TS for the "other side" of the argument. They said it was a voluntary organization and I "knew the rules" before I joined. Which of course wasn't true.....but that is the truth about the truth.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Brokeback Watchtower”: Perhaps the pay out could be in the order a fair wage for those years of slavery and a grant of money set aside /available for psychological counseling.

That sounds like a good idea on the surface. But I don’t think that even the Watchtower corporation would have the funds to accommodate all the victims on an individual basis. Also, I can’t imagine that any adjudicated settlement payouts of that nature would apply in a grandfathered fashion; i.e., retroactive.

However, at least for now, perhaps there could be some focus toward lobbying the federal government to at least reconsider the Watchtower’s tax-exempt status in consideration of their fundamental and glaring travesties of the Charter of the United Nations, not to mention the general fairness of natural law.

I agree that something should be done in a widespread concerted and crowd-funded endeavour. But, at least for now, maybe practical and progressive “baby steps” is all we can rightly hope for.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Good thing I did not buy into their BS years ago and was able to work at a company that offered a pension plan and benefits. The WT does not care about the rank and file dub but will use them until they are no longer useful and discard them like yesterdays trash.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“LostGeneration”: Forcing someone to speak to someone they choose not to speak to for religious reasons would be a VIOLATION of the 1st Amendment. And why in the hell would you want to talk to someone who is being FORCED to talk to you in the first place?

In that particular sense, I believe you are right. . . . . Although, looking at the other side of the coin, it is really the many families and friends of those disfellowshipped who are being forced – i.e., coerced through intense and dishonest “undue influence” – to completely shun, or to NOT speak with, one of their own who should unfortunately find him/herself disfellowshipped by the Watchtower corporation, and it is likewise the disfellowshipped individual who is in the same way forced (coerced!) by the Watchtower corporation to NOT speak to or be spoken to by their close friends and family. So, if anybody is being forced to do – or in this case NOT do – something (communicate in any way), it is the many unfortunate victims being forced as such by the Watchtower!

This vigorously enforced policy by the Watchtower corporation is an obvious and glaring perversion and hijacking of the natural bonds within friendships and especially within the family unit, which is a profoundly intimate and sacred institution.

The real and profound damages caused by the Watchtower’s stubborn and belligerent insistence on enforcing this harsh and harmful policy just in the name of Pharisaically demanding their own interpretation of the strict “letter of the [Biblical] law” – and far beyond – makes them most culpable in their glaring travesty against the simple “law of love” to which they hypocritically claim to espouse.

The Watchtower may not get all the legal kamuffins they really deserve, but, well, all I can say is, Shame on them!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Thank you for all post so far negative or otherwise, I just want to stir some thinking by posting this on the internet. No group think on this one and everyone relaxingly ponder some legal way we can make it non profitable for the WT corporation to use the shun gun. Bottom line kick their asses.

I'm claiming not to be an expert on legal matters, that is why I would leave it up to a good lawyer to know how to frame the thing in such a way as to make a case and a nice lawyer's cut$$$ in the process. And so any good legal mines know how to get around these constitutional rights that the WT has been hiding behind? Hey throw it out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit