Do they still do the Written Review?

by Funchback 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I always hated the written review. To me it was another test and I was horrible at taking tests. I seem to remember back in the 60's we would hand the review to the person behind us to grade our paper as we went over the questions. I always felt guilty because I never knew the answers. My parents would get so upset with me. Still Totally ADD

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Back in those times wasn't there a break of a quarter of an hour after the Public Talk, before the WT..?

Lots of cigarette butts in area behind hall then , think smokers could not be servants then, But no other sanction on them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Answering the Written Review ran the risk of making a rank-and-filer think.

No wonder they discontinued it.

• blondie
    blondie

Before 2016, there was an oral review changed from the written review in 2004?

The TMS has been discontinued per the WT Index and looking at the CLAM now being used instead of the KM.

The least liked elder position was the school overseer. So now they don't have to punish an elder with that. The TMS did not train anyone to be a better bible teacher in my opinion. I certainly did not see it when working with people from door to door.

THEOCRATIC MINISTRY SCHOOL (Discontinued)

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200275768?q=theocratic+ministry+school&p=par#h=93

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

2004?? Is that when they did away with the Written Review?? Seems a lot longer ago than that !!! As someone mentioned earlier that was one of the unique things that eventually went pffffffttt and vanished away.

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

I Remember the part with the scriptures, and just wait till the last question and it was process of elimination, and they always made the joke "here is the tough question now, for those who havent answered"

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yeah, it seems like the written Review night was one of the meetings which kind of developed ones reading/writing skills. And put your knowledge and thinking skills to the test after the 3 months was up. I kind of enjoyed/looked forward to that meeting. Agreed, it did make one think and comment freely.

• blondie
    blondie

They were still doing the written review when we left in 2001....so 2004 sounds right.

http://blog.ministryideaz.com/2015/12/Goodbye-Theocratic-Ministry-School.html

• jayjay78
    jayjay78

i left 2006 too!

i used to like the written review..was something different.

one of the rare times i found it easy to put my hand up and answer. (true - false questions)

• schnell
    schnell

Ah the written review. The greatest time to come down with a cold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit