Kushner paid over 1 billion to WTBTS SO FAR

by nonjwspouse 12 Replies latest social current

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

In the past few years, Kushner Cos. and various investment partners have paid the Watchtower more than $1 billion for property in Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO.

And there's still more....

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2017/5/31/first-look-kushner-cos-makeover-jehovahs-witnesses-headquarters

Yet the R&F can't seem to find the presence of logical mind to question where all that money is spent, when members are struggling financially and continuously asked for more, while being chastised for higher education and holding jobs that might interfere with pioneering. UGH

• Simon
    Simon

I think the GB / WTS are shrewder property investors than the Trumps / Kushners.

Maybe prices have peaked ...

• steve2
    steve2

As Brooklyn Heights awaits the new "Panorama" business complex stamping its claim on the New York skyline, the starkly unmissable Watchtower signage is conspicuously gone - an anachronism that speaks to a bygone era.

It would not be coincidental if relocating JW Headquarters from metropolitan prominence to rural obscurity is paired with a decline in rates of JW-participation in their organization's irrelevant activities.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS is rich, no doubt. Reason why whenever they say at the assemblies that there's some sort of deficit, I do not contribute one more red cent than what's reasonable.

Same for KH contributions. I calculate # of publishers and monthly expenses, then contribute just enough to cover the bills if all pubs contributed the same amount.

They'll start practicing what the scriptures teach in terms of greed and being content with having basic needs covered.

DY

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I do not contribute one more red cent than what's reasonable.

IMHO "reasonable" is NOTHING. Not one damn dime!

They have already stolen too much of my money, sweat, and time!

Doc

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

It was two billion a year ago.

Recently, Jared and a group of partners acquired several vast properties in Brooklyn from the Jehovah’s Witnesses, for two billion dollars; they are filling them with hip, techie tenants such as Etsy and WeWork.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/22/ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushners-power-play

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    I think the GB / WTS are shrewder property investors than the Trumps / Kushners.
    Maybe prices have peaked ...

Time will tell.

It is more likely that these were sales forced by monetary needs.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Simon, I tend to agree with berrygerry. The prices have not peaked, but the need to sell them has. But, the location and condition of the properties superseded the market. There is no significant "down" market for those properties, although there are likely times when they could be sold for even more.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

It kills me the way I've seen my elderly parents put more than half of their pension EVERY WEEK in the contribution box (a tradition I've Witnessed since I was a little girl) and even more when it's assembly time. My father has a discrete envelope of cash in his suitcase where he puts $20 a week aside in the MONTHS leading up to an assembly. How it hurts my soul when I see WT so carelessly throw away my parents' money for not showing up at court or cooperating with the judges, or for settling sex abuse cases for millions. I have to stop typing because my blood just reached boiling point.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I do not contribute one more red cent than what's reasonable.

Same for KH contributions. I calculate # of publishers and monthly expenses, then contribute just enough to cover the bills if all pubs contributed the same amount.

I am gobsmacked by your admission doubtfully Yours.?

You have been on this site 14 years ? or theirabouts ? and you still give money/contributions to the Jehovahs Witness religion ?

I`m confused ,why would you do that ,do you believe they have the true religion ?

or

do you believe they are a false ? cult religion misleading people.

Why i am confused is why you would be on this forum for 14 years yet still be financing the WTB&TS when this forum is all about exposing the Jehovahs Witness religion as a fraud /cult religion

How do you rationalise the two ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit