Hyper Tech

by IveBeenBitten 20 Replies latest social current

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

have you stopped taking your meds again?

• stillin
    stillin

One of the names for what you are describing is, I think, The Singularity. Our tech is certainly making huge inroads towards being interconnected. I think the hacking and espionage between nations will be a deterrent against the worst-case scenario. Firewalls and isolation and mainframe cut-offs, actual manual cut-offs may be available, but unplugging will be a tough call, if it ever comes to that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These AI androids were recently seen in London no one knows where they came from.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/static/uploads/original/humanoid-robots-will-take-over-the-world-and-professor-warns-we-wont-be-able-to-spot-them-eb9146388a537785aef619f5c745df06.jpg

The police were called but before they arrived they simply vanished with no trace. ???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Singularity will be either awesome or horrifying.

Maybe both.

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

@Vidiot You're right. The singularity is gonna hit like a MO.

I'm not crazy other than the fact that I've known this since I was a child. Or maybe I didn't. Maybe what had me in high gear early was being a JW, but fortunately I took an early taking to tech when I was a kid and saw that this field is escalating too quickly.

I will survive. I know that, but I don't know how the world is going to change, but it's going to be phenomenal.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

IveBeenBitten said, "I don't know what I'm getting at with this topic."

I agree!

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

I just feel like it's relevant because it will bring about "ever lasting life on a paradise earth" if we do it right.

and isn't that what we all used to believe in?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Maybe I feel weird about it because I've always been a super alarmed state because "Armageddon was coming".

Johnny, tell our good poster what they've just won, would you?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I'm confused

Where does Skynet fit in to all of this again?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

The First Bionic Woman

"I approve of you"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit