Hyper Tech

by IveBeenBitten 20 Replies latest social current

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

This "World Event" is a few years away but I'm in the field so I work everyday to prepare for it.

Our technology is advancing at an exponential rate. Shit will hit the fan because of it.

Even as a JW I knew this was coming. In fact, I thought that's what the bible was talking about. Am I paranoid? Am I delusional? Very popular scientists and tech leaders are seriously concerned and are taking real action for the impending events.
    My grand fear of future mega events I feel is justified. I've never found it easy to say "meh, nothing's gonna happen".
    Maybe I feel weird about it because I've always been a super alarmed state because "Armageddon was coming".

I don't know what I'm getting at with this topic.
    I'm obsessed with science and technology. I'm very active. I think it has something to do with having been a JW, maybe not.

• schnell
    schnell

ZOMG Y2K IS R3AL!!!1

But seriously, it's confirmation bias.

• just fine
    just fine

Maybe you need a hobby to shift your focus...............

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

Unfortunately. all my hobbies revolve around tech. Programming, building. etc.
    I've been so obsessive about optimizing my life that I don't actually enjoy normal things.

• schnell
    schnell

Sounds like you need to detach a little bit. Don't worry, the world will spin on just fine.

• zeb
    zeb

take up bikini watching!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This "World Event"

What world event, care to be a bit more specific ???

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What is this "world Event"?

I was converted to the Jehovah's Witnesses in 1968. They made me believe the world was going to end in 1975. I was never going to have time for a career in this system of things, according to the Awake magazine. Things were soooo bad then, they couldn't go on much longer, the world must end soon. I made stupid decisions based on that belief and wasted a lot of years of my life.

Every generation thinks that things are worse than they have ever been and that the world must be ending soon. Stop the doom and gloom and go on and live your life.

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

The event is when super A.I. is combined with CRISPR-CAS9 (genetic engineering) and is bootstrapped with all open source knowledge.

• schnell
    schnell

"Open source knowledge"? Oh no, the crazy android downloaded every wiki on the Internet... So now in addition to being a superior specimen, he's... Really really awesome at Trivial Pursuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit