The King of the North and the South, who are they now?

by Anony Mous 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I know several Wit-lesses that to date are researching these topics.

However I haven't heard much from any publications recently about it, I think the latest refresh was ~10 years ago. Since then the power of the US has severely diminished (or at least the rhetorics about it has), Russia is a small potato in modern era, the EU is a cowardly dog in the eyes of everyone and we have the rise of China which is as far as military might is concerned, a paper tiger.

We also have the rise of Islam, especially since the end of the NATO nation-building effort in Afghanistan which is now in power in most of the Middle East and Africa, as well as regions of Asia and growing strong in Europe.

Does anyone have noooo light about these developments. Is Islam the King of the South? Is China the King of the North? What does Daniel have to say about any of this?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

King of the North: Santa claus

King of the South : Antartica Penguins.

Sorry, I am venting out my anger on the WT for having fooled me. Nothing against you Anony Mous

• a watcher
    a watcher

North: Russia---South: Anglo-America

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

King of the North? Russia and pals at any moment, but beware things could change, they could be overlapping.....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The problem with Russia is that they are about as powerful as Iran, after the USSR collapsed they lost most of the geographical benefits and most of their power as half their stuff was abandoned in new countries.

China can rattle the cage but will get a run for its money in a war from a coalition between India, South Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

I think the watchtower simply no longer has a clue about international issues and chooses to ignore these once-important (to them) topics.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    They were only ever Seleucid and Ptolemaic kings up until Antiochus Epiphanes IV. The alternative views about them are Adventist nonsense. The JW view originated from the Adventist view (having Adventist origins themselves), and their recent rejection of Zenobia as one of the ‘kings’ has brought them back in line even more with the 7th day Adventist interpretation.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

However I haven't heard much from any publications recently about it, I think the latest refresh was ~10 years ago.

The ‘king of the north’ was ‘identified’ as Russia at the Watch Tower Society’s 2017 annual meeting, and subsequent Watchtower articles, most notably the May 2020 issue. The supposed role of the ‘king of the north’ in their end times nonsense is also covered in their Pure Worship book (2018), though it does not name Russia.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Apparently Nuclear powers such as China Pakistan and India don`t rate a mention.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Assigning any modern country to these ‘kings’ is delusional, but the Watch Tower Society’s view is even more detached from reality. Their ‘reasoning’ is that the ‘king of the north’ must be ‘affecting god’s people’, and since there are essentially zero JWs in China anyway, it doesn’t make a good candidate. Russia’s ban of JWs - actually intended as a strong message that American sects won’t be tolerated - feeds right in to the JW persecution complex, hence their knee-jerk identification of that country as the new ‘king’. Even though only a quite small proportion of JWs (less than 1.5% of JWs worldwide and about 0.08% of Russia’s population) are in that country anyway.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

For more information about the 'kings of the north and south', see:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit