I need quotes from watctower demonizing the internet, and gadgets e.g smart phones, tablets etc

by joe134cd 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I need Wt quotes where Wt goes fully out and:

demonizes the internet,

Witnesses preaching on the internet. Inderpendant web sites

and the use of gadgets e.g smart phones and tablets.

I also need links to congregations around the world that have set up web sights that prove the GB are more lenient to independent congregation Web sites. Thanks.

• alanv
    alanv

Kingdom Ministry Nov 1999

1. WEB SITES OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Consider, for example, some Internet sites set up by individuals who claim to be Jehovah's Witnesses. They invite you to visit their web sites to read experiences posted by others who claim to be Witnesses. You are encouraged to share you thoughts and views about the Society's literature. Some give recommendations about presentations that could be used in the field ministry. These site offer chat rooms for individuals to connect to, allowing live communication with others, similar to talking on the telephone. They often point you to other sites where you can have online association with Jehovah's Witnesses around the world. But can you tell for certain that these contacts have not been planted by apostates?
  • Splash
    Splash

SHOULD WE READ THE BIBLE ONLINE?

NO - w02 6/15 p. 15 Follow the Royal Pattern [Box on page 15] "In Our Hands"

"If we want . . . a concordance to the Bible, we can find no better medium than the Internet. But if we want to read the Bible, to study it, think about it, reflect upon it, we should have it in our hands, for that is the only way of getting it into our minds and our hearts."—Gertrude Himmelfarb, distinguished professor emeritus, City University, New York.

YES - jl (2012) What Is God's Will?

Learn about us online. Visit the official Web site of Jehovah's Witnesses at www.jw.org. There you can read the Bible online and view or print out many of our publications in over 400 languages.

USING ELECTRONIC TABLETS

RULING THAT THEY CAN'T BE USED ON THE PLATFORM - Nov 8, 2011 BOE letter:

However, at this time, an electronic tablet or other similar device should not be used on the platform, such as for reading the paragraphs at the Watchtower Study, conducting a meeting, or giving a talk of any kind.

In addition to the possibility of a technical problem occurring, it is felt that using an electronic tablet from the platform could prompt others to feel that they too should invest in such a device. Additionally, since many brothers cannot afford such a device, using one prominently from the stage could, in effect, create "class distinctions" or appear to be a "showy display of one's means of life."

THEY CAN BE USED ON THE PLATFORM AND THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY RULES - Oct 12, 2013 BOE letter:

Electronic tablets have become increasingly common in many parts of the world. So the Governing Body has decided that the use of such devices from the platform at our theocratic events should be left to the individual discretion of each program participant. This is not something for which elders would need to establish a rule.

DON'T SELL YOUR KIDNEY TO GET ONE - w13 1/15 p. 17 par. 3 Keep Drawing Close to Jehovah

We can, however, also become obsessed with computer technology. Marketers cleverly convince people that they must have the latest products. One young man so passionately desired a particular tablet computer that he secretly sold one of his kidneys to buy it. What a shortsighted sacrifice!

START PUSHING THEIR USE - g 4/13 p. 16 Get to Our Online Content Quickly!

Beginning with this issue, Awake! will feature QR (quick response) codes. What are they? Special matrix codes that will give you easy access to our Web site. All you need is a tablet that has a camera and Internet access or a smartphone.

DON'T FEEL PRESSURED TO BUY ONE - w2014 8/15 pp3-5:-

"However, you can remain spiritually strong whether you have access to our Web site or not. The slave has worked hard to provide enough printed material to keep each domestic spiritually well-fed. Therefore, you should not feel obligated to buy a device just to access jw.org. Some may make private arrangements to print a limited amount of material published on our Web site and give it personally to those who do not have Internet access, but congregations are not required to do this."

USE ONE ON THE MINISTRY AND AT THE MEETINGS - 2016 May 2-8 Christian Life and Ministry

'APPLY YOURSELF TO THE MINISTRY'
    Prepare This Month's Presentations: Discussion. Play each sample presentation video, and then discuss the highlights. Briefly refer to "Ways to Use JW Library" when discussing the use of a mobile device. Remind the audience to report each month the number of times they showed a video in the ministry. Encourage publishers to build their own presentation.

'LIVING AS CHRISTIANS'
    "Are You Using JW Library?": (15 min.) Begin with a five-minute discussion of the article. Then play and briefly discuss the video. Start Using "JW Library." Afterward, do the same with the videos "Download and Manage Publications" and "Customize the Reading Experience". Encourage all who can to install the JW Library app and download publications to their mobile device before the part "Ways to Use JW Library" is discussed during the week of May 16.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

But can you tell for certain that these contacts have not been planted by apostates?

Huh
    wtf !!

Are they for real

• Half banana
    Half banana

The truly zealous pioneer will sell BOTH his kidneys to keep up to date with Jah's chariot.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Someone dig up these:

km 11/99 3-6; g98 1/8 12

One of the articles there says something like "some families have chosen not to have the internet in their home"

As we all know phrases like that are code for "If you're a good JW you won't have the internet"

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

March 2005 Our Kingdom Ministry:

A number of publishers have telephoned the branch office regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style that are presently being circulated among Jehovah's Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have the organization's approval. We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the internet.

Ironically, the duet of former singers Philip Ingrim and Sheila Hutchinson who were featured on the afformentioned disapproved album, recently sang an original song on JW Broadcasting, (I Give You My Best), and it sounds almost the same. (Ingrim also performed a solo on JW Broadcasting, Jehovah Welcomes You Home). As a matter of fact, ALL the original songs on JW Broadcasting are 'sung in a popular style', except now it's okay for some reason.

• blondie
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ethernet cables look like the snake in the garden of Eden

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    DON'T SELL YOUR KIDNEY TO GET ONE
    We can, however, also become obsessed with computer technology. Marketers cleverly convince people that they must have the latest products. One young man so passionately desired a particular tablet computer that he secretly sold one of his kidneys to buy it.

I Didn`t..

I SOLD MY BRAIN!..

Image result for Jw.org broadcasting anthony morris

I Sold My Ass..

NOW I CAN`T SIT DOWN..

Image result for Jw.org broadcasting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit