Could this be the reason for one day assemblies

by Sour Grapes 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Last Saturday I sat through the one day assembly and I waited for the anticipated accounts report. For one day the costs were $10,000. Even my wife questioned why the costs are so high and why don't they give a break down on the costs? She said that there is another assembly tomorrow and will they have the same costs? Then it hit me. I could tell the friends are thinking about where are there $10,000 in expenses. I remember when we had two-day assemblies the costs were around $12,000. By having one-day assemblies and charging $10,000 each, they pick up an additional $8,000 a weekend or $32,000 per month. A pretty good scam.

Sour Grapes

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

You got it! Follow the $$$$!!!!!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HORRIBLE org.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

At least three times it was mentioned that brothers should not be working at jobs that make them miss meetings and that it is better to trust in Jehovah and the generosity of the congregation.

The circus overseer also talked about the need to merge congregations to preserve dedicated funds and what attitude will we have if you are asked to drive further to worship Jehovah?

Oh. the growth of God's organization!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I never heard before that before the conventions the responsible accounting assembly elders and circuit overseers have to fill out and report the awaited income of the convention to the society (e.g. $ 10,- per attendent x number of attendent would be for a small circuit 10x500=5000 $) and send that paper already as debt to the mother before the convention even had started.

Quote "The society actually charges a per publisher rate for every circuit assembly they (the overseers of the convention) will garantee (the society) that a certain amount of money will be generated."

The circuit overseer has a form and fills out the numbers and reports it to the HQ before the convention even starts, or not (do I understand that right, if not please correct me and I will repent)?

Furthter is interesting that on local level everyhting is reported but the big conventions and worldwide report is always missed.

This sounds like the society is very GREEDY or thinks it is worthy to receive the best and that as fastest as only possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APb1RpfjCrA

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Twoy thanks for the video post above. It was bery interesting and makes perfect sense. Hugs, 4thgen

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I suggested to Mrs. Searcher this morning that once the org's "Master Plan" has been effectively implemented, (consolidating K.H.'s/merging congregations) the loyal sheep in the 'new folds' could be "requested" to follow the org's new directions on how to donate to the K.H. fund/worldwide work - by automatic bank transfer. This would be "to reduce valuable costs in administration."

WTBTS must be envious of other religions & cults who can track and deal with non-contributors - time to join them!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How long will it be until tithing comes in....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It doesn't cost the WT anything but slave labor without electronic transfers, most electronic transfers have fees charged to either the recipient or the sender. Think how many things you have automatically deducted. Then go look at your bank and credit card statements. Do you still want or use all those products and services? Probably not. For a few bucks a month, you might not care enough to bother cancelling a magazine or charity or some membership or another. You tend to go along with the status quo. They count on it.

Getting your bank(routing) info vs your card numbers mean that you won't revisit your decision every time you replace your credit card. That's great for mortgage and trash services, not so much for optional, variable services. Don't have anything come directly out of your bank unless it is critical for your life. Putting things on debit cards that expire gives you a chance to revisit your choice or simply drop it when you don't update it. Helps one avoid having money sucked up into places you don't need or want.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can't believe how guilty I used to feel when there was a deficit announcement. I regret every bit of money I ever gave Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit