If the WT is a "money making machine"...who gets the money?

by NikL 38 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

I've seen claims over the years that WT is in the real estate, book publishing business and is a for profit enterprise at it's core.

Can those of you that believe this to be the case tell me who benefits from all this wealth?

The governing body lives in relatively humble conditions no?

I've been curious about this for a while. I believe that, yes the business does make lots of money, but profit is not the real goal as that would imply some "one" or "ones" would personally gain materially.

Any thoughts?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

NikL, have you ever examined the "Henwood Paper Scandal" that involved a paper salesman and the WT printing department?

If you go through the transcripts of the court cases related to that fiasco, it becomes apparent that it is those who do business with the WT who make money. And the WT goons who set up those business relationships - the "expensive entertaining" and such that goes along with business schmoozing - get some nice perks out of the dealing and wheeling.

• NikL
    NikL

I'll check it out crow thanks...any others?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Nik,

There may not be a smoking gun here. There is probably not a mansion in the Hamptons, or a bently garage under Warwick. I think besides kind of having every need met all the time and being treated like Gods while flown around the world.....the GB live a fairly simple existance in a nice apt in a building the fund they manage built.

They do however, hoarde large sums of cash. Its notable what the money is NOT spent on as well. Orphan cows research is some of the best on this board, and you will see when monwy is changing hands there always seems to be a winner. Its not perhaps as nepharious as the millionaire megachurch set......bit its not exactly squeaky clean either.

• midnight
    midnight

They use the money to balance out the needs of those publishers/ congregations in poorer,/developing countries I would guess

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    problemaddict:
    Orphan cows research...

Thanks.

But...I caw, I don't moo. Lol!

midnight: They use the money to balance out the needs of those publishers/ congregations in poorer,/developing countries I would guess

That would make sense, wouldn't it?

However, it isn't always true.

I read a scholarly paper* written by an African JW who was making a plea to the government to subsidize their "literacy program" because their Kingdom Hall had been built by a loan from the WT and their supplies provided for their literacy teaching needed replacing and the WT wouldn't supply any more literacy aids.

*sorry...the paper is on my hard drive somewhere...maybe on this forum in an old post

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    midnight20 minutes ago

They use the money to balance out the needs of those publishers/ congregations in poorer,/developing countries I would guess

bwaaa haaa haaa haaa---sooo funny.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

OC,

Thats not what I hear!

• menrov
    menrov

I have been thinking about this as well. Where do the billions made by all the real estate sales go to? One is for the many court cases and their lawyers. Then for the failures in investments (stock losses). And then, just a guess, I believe the organisation has shareholders. I will probably never be able to prove it but that is what I really think.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Where does the money go?"

Switzerland... the Caymans... hedge funds...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit