Who are your favourite STAND UP Comedians?

by talesin 59 Replies latest social entertainment

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Eddie Izzard

Peter Kay

Victoria Wood

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    ...cause you have to know it … Paris is the town of doo-doo pets !!! This only thing that awake me when I’m in the street is every kind of not human big noise most often of a truck or bus (because I’m scared) Most of the time I have to say hello to those who are working in the street because first they make a lot of noise and second of they are always nice.

Yes, I think the French have more dogs per person than any other European country... I really, and I mean, really don't get the rich old ladies carrying their curly haired rat (or poodle as I believe they are commonly refered to) in a handbag...

Second of:
    When I’m very awake, I don’t look at women or men myself, the woman because they don’t care about me most of the time they turn they’re head, and men because they turn their heads or they looking with insistence in a vicious way just like it seems that you are naked !!! Sorry I don’t like it. And there are those who just look at you face and smile to you like “hum … I like your face” … In this case I SMILE BACK if they are not with a woman.

Well, I know most women check out other women just as much as guys do, even if it is normally for different purposes... but I also know most attractive women I know don't think they're that attractive and seem rather puzzled by any negative reactions they get from women...

As you point out a nice look and a smile can make your day; a leer (nasty sexual look) is never called for.

Third of:
    My son says that you are right … when he read what you’ve said (but he don’t know if it’s only a French women way of being) He is a male and he knows that he don’t looking woman in a weird way (like they are naked) and when he see a kind of woman that he like her face, he is smiling but most of the time they are acting like (what the heck !!! or Who are you to look at me like that ??? or worth like … Hum I’d like to know you and wants to talk … but he’s got a girl-friend !!! Then he is in trouble and he have to say something like : well you know it was just to let you know that I like your face. That’s why now he is trying to avoid to do it as much as possible – LOL

LOL. How old is your son? I think a lot of women react negatively to a complimentary look as they are so sick of guys leering at them all 'looks' get lumped together. Some do have entirely too high an opinion of themselves. And some women I think put up the enuii look to deter unwanted contact.

Me and my gf did find it hysterical on holiday though; I assure you, French girls are the world leaders in this look. We'd drive past a group of teenage girls who all looked well-off, well-fed and healthy, and they'd have expressions of such BOREDOM & MISERY on their faces they'd make the average skate-punk or goth (renowned for their surly expressions) look like they were grinning idiots in comparison.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Abanddon : LOL. How old is your son? I think a lot of women react negatively to a complimentary look as they are so sick of guys leering at them all 'looks' get lumped together. Some do have entirely too high an opinion of themselves. And some women I think put up the enuii look to deter unwanted contact.

Me and my gf did find it hysterical on holiday though; I assure you, French girls are the world leaders in this look. We'd drive past a group of teenage girls who all looked well-off, well-fed and healthy, and they'd have expressions of such BOREDOM & MISERY on their faces they'd make the average skate-punk or goth (renowned for their surly expressions) look like they were grinning idiots in comparison.

My son is 21 years old ... And he agree with you (but he don't know if it's only a French woman way of being) I don't know myself but i guess You both are right : if you say IT.
    To be clear myself I only care about the way the guys are looking at me ... no matter who or how or old he his ... (in a ferrary or in street the treet with 200 pounds tool in their hand or a brush).

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yall pretty much got them all covered lol but it brought to mind one comic show starring paula poundstone where she was at a college and was talking with the students and found out that one of the students room mates didnt come to the show.............. so she asked for a phone and got the number and called her lol and told her that her roomate sold her out and wanted to know what she was doing, and how come she didnt come to the concert lol and just kept on teaseing her and i was dieing laughing lol.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Your son is 21? Man, your screenname is well chosen, you're probably older than me but don't look it.

... with 200 pounds tool in their hand or a brush...

Erm, I don't know it 'outil' in French also means 'pénis' in vernacular speech (langage vulgaire?). But in England 'tool' also means 'penis'.

This is why I now have to go and drain the coffee out of my keyboard and wipe my screen down (I had a mouthful when I read it)... man I'd be worried if there were guys looking at me with 'un 90kg pénis dans leur main'.

I hope you don't mind me teasing a little; your English is better than my Dutch, and I've lived here three years. I think everyone gets what you mean, and you're going to get better as you're not afraid to make mistake (my big problem, I like KNOWING I'm right (big surprise, eh?).

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

LOL abbandon : I'm sorry for the mistake !!! but

And I'm just 36 (14th july the French independance day)

I didn't realised that you are from HOLLAND ...
    Deutch of netherland is almost my first mothertong
    (but I can't write and I do not remember it only little stuff)
    more than 27 years I didn't practice it

That reminds me a little story :One day I was is belgium (Ostand)
    I bought some fish but I have to go to a supermarket
    And didn't want to go with the fish so I asked in French
    If they could hold it a little bit.
    And the woman put a post-it on the fish bag where was written
    " the nigger " but in dutch of netherland and I saw it

When I came back asking for my fish bag the woman was not
    in the room. The guy who was there asked witch one is it ?
    so I said the one where you've got a post-it where its
    written "nigger" (And I said it in plat flams accent means
    what it means) at the same time the woman was back
    is the room. He was chocked and she felt bad ...
    but I'd just LOL
    it was too funny !!! I said It's ok I AM A NIGGER !!!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The Dutch are completely cluless about political correctness, but no one seems to mind much.

At my old company here in Holland (I've been here three years), I was in charge of several guys on a helpdesk. One day Peter, who's Nigerian, was having a hard time with his Dutch wife on the phone. After putting it down he rolled his eyes and said;

"These Dutch women have no idea what it is like; I come from the jungle, she just doesn't understand this".

I can't think of one black British person I know who would say that!

Likewise, 2Unlimited, that ghastly Dutch dance band of a few years ago were quite happy to dress up in skins and furs for a faux-African 'Tribal Dance', when many black British people I know would have felt for a black person to do that would be a parody.

I didn't know you were originally from Belgium!

• caspian
    caspian

Peter Kay

Jack Dee

and I hear that Caspian Salomon is a real clown too.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm a perfect mix 1/3 each part

• African (don’t know from where
    • Chinese
    • French (breton) and ByeloRussian descent

I'm not originally from BelgiumBut my mother was too poor to raised us
    And my father was a rolling stone
    So three of us had to be raised 2 to 6 month a year
    In different rich (but always the same for each)
    families in Belgium
    first time I went there I was not even 3 years old
    I stayed longer because they tried to adopted me
    Because the oldest daughter didn’t have a kid
    Yet and it was too late for her
    But they tried to put my mother in trouble
    When they gave me the choice: I’ve chosen my mother
    And I do not regret it (even if my mother failed
    in raising me)

They got back in touch with me
    And they still like me, and I still like them
    They are a part of my childhood !!!
    And I’ll will never forget …

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My stepson (from previous marriage) is half English, the rest is a mix of African, Chinese, and probably some more European; his natural father was from Trinidad.

And he looks like idealised Jimmy Hendrix with good skin... handsome handsome handsome

... lucky sod.

Of course, as the whole world doesn't view people of mixed race in the same way (I think often they're the most stunning looking people, even if they are not always 'conventionally beautiful'), it's not just a plus side, but considering he's grown up in the South West of England (non-white population=1%) he's not experieneced too much racism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit