Craziest books or magazines printed by the tower.

by rockemsockem 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

What are the craziest books or magazines the tower ever printed? I know of the Millions now living is crazy the finished mystery.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It's been so long for me it's hard to remember. Looking back I'd have to say the Revelation and Ezekiel books studied in the 1970's were pretty crazy.

This one came out long after I was out but just the title of it would rank it high on the crazy list: "Revelation. It's Grand Climax Is At Hand" I think it's also known as the God gets of book.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Any book printed by Watchtower becomes crazy after 10 years

• blondie
    blondie

The Way to Paradise by Van Amburgh.

https://www.amazon.com/Way-Paradise-W-Van-Amburgh/dp/1411659716

Angels--A Bible Treatise Rutherford

http://jwbookstore.bravehost.com/books/1934angels.html

Children--book by Rutherford (on ebay)

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

From 1920 WT publication "Talking with the Dead":

p. 116 Materializations
    "These materializations occur by a power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance. They thus transform the medium into a hideous octopus-like creature, and this is the reason seances occur in a dimly lit room, with the medium in a cabinet, so that the circle of investigators cannot witness the horrible scene as it really is."

p. 123 Demons control mediums by seizing the base of the brain
    "The cerebellum of the brain is the power house of the body and it is from this center that the evil spirits seek control over the reasoing faculties, located in the cerebrum, and over the whole body."

p. 126 Heavenly whiskey, dentistry and manure
    "According to Sir Oliver Lodge's book 'Raymond', the spirit world is inhabited by spirit beings who have flesh but do not bleed. They wear tweed clothes, drink whiskey and have manure piles."

Food at the proper time.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

From 1920 WT publication "Talking with the Dead":

W T actual F?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

"Revelation. It's Grand Climax Is At Hand"

Even the name of this book elicits images of indecency. Must have been named by one of the pedophiles at bethel. It was a royal mind numbing rape of a distorted commentary.

They made us study that garbage 3 times! Anyone remember that?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

From the incredible use of misleading ellipses; mis-quotes; the craziest one I have actually read is the Trinity booklet.

I've not taken the time to read full volume books from the WT. I've read some magazines that felt insulting as they speak to an audience of a third grade reader and mind. .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Reasoning from the Scriptures.

Also the New World Translation of the Scripture with Appendix 5B which entirely contradicted their beliefs, especially the Reasoning book.

Maybe that's why they did the Revised New World Translation and left Appendix 5B out.

• AnonVet
    AnonVet
    I remember studying the Revelation Grand Climax book. Back then I was all in the religion, but even that made me go, "what?" in my head. Comparing satellites to the signs in the sky. The assemblies of decades ago to trumpet blasts. What a bunch of shiite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit