what are your thoughts on this quote from the elders book?

by aboveusonlysky 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

I think despite what the elders book says most elders have a 'if in doubt lean on the side of mercy' mindset, but only according to incredibly harsh rules that have been set out for them.

For example suppose someone is on a judicial for the 2nd time, most elders will probably reason that the reproof failed last time so to them doubt is removed and they will likely df no matter how sorry the individual is.

A prominent elder on our circuit who has sat on many appeal committees once told me that in sexual matters (most jc's) the most important question was whether contraception was used and if so the outcome was very likely to be df.

Once again the org's rules don't leave much room for mercy.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Village Idiot..No. The carer was one of a team of carers who looked after my wife. The difference is that the carer went above and beyond by taking unpaid time out to deal with personal hygiene matters etc and even took my wife out for meals etc in her own time. The carer never was a JW . To the shame of my fellow JWs at the time, none of them offered to help me or even made time to visit my wife when she became bedbound. But, they would call round (3 at a time !) to count time in trying to conduct a study, even though my wife was unable to understand or make sense of study material as her mind was quite far gone....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You may not like this but in the JW org, sins are defined by the Bible as interpreted by the wt.

The JC, like it or not, has power and authority over JW members granted to them by the wt to adjudicate cases involving wrongdoing by jw members.....fisherman

Most JW`s are too stupid to be ashamed of themselves..

For Supporting and /or Participating in..

WatchTower/JW Kangaroo Courts..

Image result for watchtower logo

Image result for Kangaroo Court

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Yes, his way of judging can be summed up as follows: firmness where necessary, mercy wherever possible.—2 Peter 3:9.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002034?q=mercy+possible&p=sen

These spiritually qualified men are well aware that justice, or righteousness, requires that the congregation be kept clean. At times, elders are obliged to judge cases of serious wrongdoing. When doing so, they remember that divine justice seeks to extend mercy if at all possible.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002039?q=mercy+possible&p=sen

• Wayward
    Wayward

If we're supposed to be able to go to god in prayer and ask forgiveness direct from on high, why do we need a pack of men sitting in judgment on us? Do they have the power to read hearts and minds? Nope. Do they have the power to forgive sins? Nope. Are they often corrupt, power drunk men who need JCs themselves? Yep, sometimes. So what right do they have to judge others and destroy lives?

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Thanks for the quotes berrygerry, once again we see more WT hypocrisy.

To the sheep

At times, elders are obliged to judge cases of serious wrongdoing. When doing so, they remember that divine justice seeks to extend mercy if at all possible.

To the elders

'In order to extend mercy, the committee must be convinced that the wrongdoer has a changed heart condition and that he has a zeal to right the wrong and is absolutely determined to avoid it in the future.'

1 Tim 3:8 "....not double tongued...."

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hah nice summary aboveusonlysky, this could be worth pointing out to some of my family going through some judicial douchebaggery at the moment.

• Tallon
    Tallon

….. 'In order to extend mercy, the committee must be convinced that the wrongdoer has a changed heart condition and that he has a zeal to right the wrong and is absolutely determined to avoid it in the future.' ….. Aboveusonlysky

How can the Org impose upon JC Elders the requirement to be convinced whether the person being ‘judged’ heart has changed?

I am not knocking Elders however, are not they not imperfect men as is every human being? How can they, as imperfect beings, judge others?

Does not the scripture at Jeremiah 17:10 read: “I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the innermost thoughts, to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his works”.

Therefore, is not Jehovah the one who reads hearts? Yes, there are occasions where Elders judge a situation right however, what if they judge a situation wrong? If Jehovah is the one guiding the decision(s) of JC Elders, then how can there be wrong judgments?

Although I was an MS, in hindsight, I’m glad that I was never appointed an Elder.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Just our 2 cents here...

I was raised by an Elder father and if he wanted me to show repentance, the way the org requires (you know, crying, begging and kissing ass), he could coach me in how I should act to "show the right heart condition." lol After all Daddy knows what the "secret Elder book" has to say.

The "regular kid" (no Elder dad) in the KH is on his/her own. No coaching, so they may not have the correct "heart condition."

This repentance crap is just that...CRAP. No holy spirit what so ever. Just holy horse sh*t!

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

So they think they're cardiologists now...such ego!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit