How to deal with struggling with the doctrines

by Dval 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

This oft-cited quote by the late theoretical physicist and free-thinker Richard Feynman echoes some of the ideas already given here:

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned."

That thought helped me have the courage to begin to objectively evaluate the teachings I had been force-fed since infancy.

All the best to you on your path.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Welcome! I’ve been out mentally forever but have just started the journey of figuring out what I believe and it is exhausting.

For the first time I am able to pick and choose my beliefs. I listen to a lot of Christian podcasts and some teachings I believe and others I don’t, but if the message is good I will probably listen to the next one.

I am going to a church now that believes in the trinity and I don’t but I like the group that attends and they are big on community service and truly loving your neighbor. Plus I don’t get in trouble for actually defending my beliefs that differ from theirs.

This time can be scary and exciting, for once you get to choose what your relationship with god will be like or if you even want one or if you even believe in god. Have fun, take a lot of deep breaths, and enjoy the bumpy ride

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

FB

I have wondered what that would be like, being non trin and attending a trin church.

You must keep us informed...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh oh. Did we scare you off, Dval?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome Dval!

In addition to the wise comments already shared by everyone here, I would simply add:

Research, Reasearch Research the Organization and its origins!

As brother CT Russel himself said, "truth is truth no matter where it comes from" . So do not limit yourself to just Jw.org material. Research your facts from everywhere.

After all, If Jehovah gives us a brain, he expects us to use it.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    but I disagree with a lot of things (I,e, men can't have beards, women have to wear skirts).

You’re on the right track.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit