It's My Birthday Today

by pale.emperor 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Today is my 34th birthday. Or, my 3rd birthday that I've actually acknowledged seeing as I was raised in the cult.

I woke up this morning to my 4yo running into my room and wishing me a "happy birthday daddy!". I got a card from my ex-JW brother and I bought myself a birthday gift - a new 50mm lens for my Nikon camera (photography is a hobby I took up since leaving the cult).

I dont know about you guys, but birthdays is still something I have to make a conscious effort to acknowledge and enjoy. It has no "feel" (thanks Watchtower). Same deal with Christmas. My daughter is the only child in my entire family that's ever celebrated birthdays and Christmas and still cant quite get her head around the fact that I never did it as a kid.

I do wonder if today jolts any memories for my uber-JW family?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Happy Birthday, PE.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

As a born-in Witness that only started celebrating birthdays and holidays in the past 7 years I find them to mean a lot. I enjoy receiving birthday greetings and gifts, but enjoy even more giving them. One of my happiest memories is the first time decorating the inside of our house for Christmas. My sons were probably 3 and 8. I remember the pure joy in their faces.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I almost forgot - Happy birthday Pale Emperor!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Happy Birthday (a.k.a. happy beheading day)!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Have a great day P.E. Don't forget to make a wish as you blow out your candles!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    It has no "feel" (thanks Watchtower).

This cult has made us numb to a lot of otherwise happy and good things in life!

Have a happy 34th pale.emperor.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    NewYork44M: a.k.a. happy beheading day!

Good one!🤣

• jp1692
    jp1692

Happy Birthday! 🎉🎈🎂🎊

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

A very merry HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Share this