What Do You Do Besides JWD?

by pettygrudger 51 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

With so many new ones, and not so new ones, its kinda hard to get to know people. I'm just wondering, what do you like to do besides post on the JWD discussion board?

Me, during the spring - fall months like my yard & gardening. My hubby & I are "remodelers" and live in a constant state of construction in our home, with projects that seem never ending. Other then that, I do what my kids like to do, and on a rare occassion get to go out with my hubby. We spend alot of time with friends socializing.

So, what do you all like to do?

• freedom96
    freedom96

What I currently do and what I would like to do are sometimes 2 different things. What I do now is run three businesses, spend time with my wife (caligirl) and my kids.

I enjoy the beach, martial arts, and I love the entertainment business.

I will semi retire within 5 years, and spend more time with my family. I want to travel, so we will do that a lot more. I will pursue music and acting as side fun, and help others achieve financial goals that they set out before them, as I do now.

I look forward to the future. It is what we make it, and I am excited.

• breal
    breal

Spend lots of time on renovating our home. Trail riding, reading, camping, golfing. Hockey season is upon us again & I love hockey!

The rest of the time is spent socializing with friends or working.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My hobby is collecting old NFL/Dallas Cowboys games. My oldest complete game is the entire broadcast of Super Bowl III. My oldest Cowboys broadcast is entire broadcast of the 1970 playoff game against Detroit. The commericals from back then are a riot to watch.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I try to stay employed... and in my spare time (like right now), I am testing a new Lighting idea.

The lamp I am developing will be battery powered, and recharged by a solar panel.

I have already run a test using my Amber colored LED panel, and the battery lasted for about 24 hours prior to going flat.

I am striving to get about 7 to 8 hours... although 12 would be cool, so 24 hours is well within the goal.

The current LED - is white in color (actually, it has a light blue hue to it), and I just started its' battery test. I am thinking that it will only last about 7 or 8 hours before the battery goes flat. (Kinduv an eerie whiteish light in the room right now...)

The ultimate goal? A battery powered/solar recharged lighting system for my dome home.

*grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I work and when I'm not working I surf the net for things related to work like how to fix computer & printer troubles that always pop up. What a life eh?

So Big Tex...that Dallas v Detroit game...was that the one in the Cotton Bowl when Dallas won 5-0? I listened to that one on the radio and remember the Headline the next day: 0 - 5 and that's no jive.

• fairy
    fairy

I didnt realise there was other things to do besides JWD!! I thought this site was it!! Visit Smiley Central!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Big Tex,

Ummm... re: Cowboys memorabilia -

I went to Whataburger in 1982 and bought the koozie with the Cowboy's Football schedule on it.

That was the year that the NFL went on strike, and none (or only one) of those games were ever played.

I still have that koozie.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I am a junior at SJSU and love to ride my mountain bike and hike.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I can't answer that because I'm never on the JWD. In fact I never go on the web because I don't even own a computer, and I can't read...well very goodly anyway. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit