I did not go to the one day Assembley!!!

by Singing Man 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yes Verginia, I did not go to the one day assembly today because of these reasons:

I sang with my friends at a night club till 1:AM, and I slept till noon, and just had to set in my sweats and eat hot cakes with sausage gravy along with a cup of coffee. And because I find surfing the web much more educational and entertaining than setting on hard seats hearing some cone head asking me "what sort of persons ought you to be blah blah" and waiting in lines to go pee and do #2, and I find it much more fun to plop down in front of my TV and watch cable Springer eating potato chips and dip. Yes, Virginia you go on ahead of me and find a seat and bring your sack lunch and listen to all the ways your not fulfilling your ministry. Then come back Virginia and tell me if Armageddon has started yet and if we can talk to the disfellowshipped ones and treat them like human beings.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    waiting in lines to go pee and do #2, and I find it much more fun to plop down in front of my TV

You dirty bas***d!

Seriously though, I think it's great that I don't have to go to the assembly anymore - I treat myself to all sorts of stuff (computer games, videos, Chinese takeaways etc.) while the missus is suffering away.

Tee Hee!

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Isn't life so much entertaining now that you don't go?

• SadElder
    SadElder

My seats are better in my home theater. I'll stay there, yall can go the the SAD.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Congratulations! But can anybody tell me what was discussed?

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Testify! (mental note: recall episode of simpsons when Homer wouldn't go to church and bart went "testify" in agreement with him)

• sidney
    sidney

I hated assemblys everyone all being thrown together. I remember a sister asking me if i enjoy assemblys, to which i replied no....... she gasped in horror and said.. but you are with all your brothers and sisters! SO!! I still hated them. Who can listen to the same old thing all day long? Sidney

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    But can anybody tell me what was discussed?

My mother told me that a brother from bethel talked about a court case going on that sounded incredibly similar to what Shunned Father is going through. Apparently, the 16 year old girl pulling the tubes out of her arms was giving a "good witness"

The JWs are incredibly slow at delivering any kind of news. Too bad Vicki Boer wasn't discussed. It should be interesting what the Society will have to say about that one (if anything).

• Special K
    Special K

They were a royal pain in the "ARSE"".. sitting down, for hours and hours.

Then sometimes it was sooo hot...kids cranky, people falling asleep.

Line up for everything, bathroom, food, bathroom, ...

I don't miss assemblies at ALL..

special k

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

SingingMan

Congratulations. I always like to read posts from people who have made a conscious effort, NOT to go, and enjoy the comments, and what they did instead.

It's been so long, that I forget, so it's nice to be reminded !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit