The best trick ever = Simply, don't attend!
Looking forward to going to Memorial this year!
Kpop - I notice the comments that disagree with you have all got 1 dislike. Was that you? If so, why not explain why? It might be helpful for us to understand your stance.
Some points to remember (most of these have been repeated earlier):
1. No matter what your disagreement is with the ORGANIZATION, it's wrong to take it out on the ADHERENTS, who really have minimal control over how they think and act.
2. Right to 'peaceful' assembly is still a legal/civil right. This disruption would not have worked against me when I was among them. Right or wrong.
3. People creating havoc during peaceful religious services will be classified as Unemployed, lazy and bigoted, not Public Activists.
4. There would be children in there. You don't do things like this to people just because you disagree with them.
5. By disrupting the local congregation's memorial to protest against the GB, a person is just going the wrong way and focusing on the wrong people.
6. JW's believe that they are "Objects of Hatred". Public displays/disruptions don't do anything but reinforce the idea that God's people will be persecuted.
Don't play into their hand. Two words HATE CRIME.
First of all, though i'm all for just not showing up, and I agree that just taking a sip of wine and bite of cracker at the KH is probably the most effective way to protest, that may not be Kpop's way. Just because he doesn't do it the way you do it doesn't mean he isn't taking a stand.
Secondly, i personally know of several people whose awakening was in fact, initiated by some sort of demonstration at the Memorial or convention. No, they didn't instantly see the light, but it did plant a seed of doubt in their minds that got them to start asking themselves questions about their religion instead of just blindly accepting every word from the platform which is the first step.
Thirdly, i don't think it's fair to accuse Kpop of liking his own post and disliking every post that disagrees with him. If anyone likes his post they are naturally going to dislike all the other posts that disagree with it.
kpop, If your purpose is just to play some trick for the memorial, may I suggest you to appear in your kingdom hall wearing some once-in-lifetime clothes. Here is an example that will guarantee you to steel the show from the elders :
kpop.... Almost everyone in this forum is saying "dont do it" or "you will hurt other peoples feeling"
I am not sure if any of those people are born ins or not but I was forced into this church and everytime I wanted to go out for sports i was told "dont do it" When I wanted to voice my opinions to others those close to me would say "you will hurt other peoples feelings"
If you are a born in, you had an entire childhood of being told what to do, what to say and who to say it to with no freedom of expression or freedom of thought. You obviously have to make your own decision, but please dont listen to the folks saying "you will only reinforce the jw view of apostates" Maybe you will, maybe you wont, maybe fuck them.
Do not be violent, do not be drunk and give them something to think about. or don't. You get to make your own choices now!
kpop--what is your situation in the congregation ? are you planning to go out with a bang ?
wouldnt it be better to keep a low profile---and try to talk to those who you think might respond well to your viewpoint ? maybe take a few out of the cult with you---rather than alienate all of them in one dramatic gesture.
The No blood doctrine....... you remember that one Kpop? How may tens of thousands have needlessly died?
Continuous child sexual abuse and No reporting?
Armageddon......... then a Paradise earth built over the bones of billions of people?
Show up in a Hazmat suit and rake with a sign that say's "Count me in.... I'm ready for the new world!".
But the Memorial? Really?