2018-List Of Publications Approved For Discard!

by Atlantis 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They have long had a programme of getting rid of old literature, I can remember doing it in the early '60's, but it is all designed to include getting rid of embarrassing stuff, as they have done with K.Hall libraries.

They tell their drone JW's to "research", only in W.T stuff of course, but Heaven Forbid (or rather WT H.Q forbid), they should be able to find anything incriminating !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not library, book room.

Book room manager was the height I rose to in this organisation. So this is my level of competence. ;-)

• Bruisedandbleeding12
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe Jehovah`s Witnesses need to get rid of the Christian Greek Scriptures / New Testament as those books do not support JW Theology/beliefs .

New Testament ,NT will be used for brevity .

Nowhere in the NT are Christians instructed encouraged or admonished to do anything in the name of Jehovah.

Their is not one scripture in the NT that states that.

However their is an avalanche of Scriptures in the NT that instruct ,encourage ,admonish Christians to ,witness to ,for and about Jesus Christ ,not once is Jehovah mentioned.

Furthermore the name Jehovah /Tetragrammaton does not appear in the new Testament at all.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    smiddy3 - Maybe Jehovah`s Witnesses need to get rid of the Christian Greek Scriptures / New Testament as those books do not support JW Theology/beliefs.

The current version of the JWs Christian Greek Scriptures contains a sub-heading inserted in the Scriptures that mentions the phrase "Governing Body" which supports current JW theology/beliefs whereas the older versions of the JW bible and the oldest manuscripts do not.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I wasn't aware that the WT has produced in recent years a volume bi7 with the Greek Scriptures only (except for the Interlinear). The only NWT NT I have seen is the first printing back in 1950, and it has been out of print for decades. So maybe (if the OP is from Ghana as stated), they had something like that available over there that has been superceded by the full text of the NWT.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It seems rather providential and not by accident that many...many of WT's publications are headed to the chopping block while at the same time Ray Franz's Crisis Of Conscience is making a big come-back...hmmm!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Destroy means: make sure nobody gets their hands on it, not even through the garbage.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Quote:

"How can elders do this and not even question it?"

Very easily indeed!

When some bod from the Bethel , doing a renovation of the local KH , suggested alternative use for the Library space. ... the local powersvin charge gleefully consigned all the books to the rubbish tip, there were Studies in the Scriptures, books from Rutherford days as well as lovingly collated Wt & Aw to the present.

All you need is on computers now they said ....much to the chagrin of the oldies.

Pharisees! The lot of 'em.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The letter says these old items from the bookroom should first be displayed to the congregation for a last opportunity to take them before they are disposed. That's a pretty odd way to try to hide something. I suggest people are misunderstanding the purpose and intent of this list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit