Trying not to 'contaminate' others

by SM62 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• little witch
    little witch

contamination....geeze, you are a person, a valuable member of society, not a germ!!!!!!

You hang around here, cupcake. We will build you up, treat you well, respect you, and actually look forward to your opinions.

Don't let those bozos mistreat you this way.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am not df'd or da'd, basically faded away from a hall where few people knew me anyways. If someone is going to be rude to me, or ignore me, depending on the circumstance, I would have a few words for them.

If the person is nice, and wants to chat, then that is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn that those who leave the religion are not bad people.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Gumby hit it right on the head. You are not contaminating anyone. You are doing those brain-dead people a favor. If you really "love" them, help them get free from those morons in Brooklyn! Why give them any power? It is an illusion, they are nothing in the eyes of God. They have no more Holy Spirit than my cat does! And my cat is a better creature in the eyes of God because she does't claim to have Gods ear! The Elders are cheese and cracker men, given their authority from a book printing company. All their "knowledge" might as well come from the "Hobbit"! These window washers walk around all puffed up with fiction dreamed up by a bunch of corporate pencil pushers! Mac Donalds can call its burgers, prime rib all day long but it is still junk food. Just cause they say it, don't make it so! Maverick

• yxl1
    yxl1

I dont see how you could possibly "contaminate" others, escpecially if they have "The Truth"

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I dont see how you could possibly "contaminate" others, escpecially if they have "The Truth"

I often wondered the same thing. If its true its true, no matter what anyone else says about it. I don't worry about talking to others. If people thought I was a bad associate they wouldn't talk to me. I'm df'd, but I've found that some I was friendly with still talked to me if we bumped into each other, just a sign of friendship. This was the exception, not the rule, but it did happen. If I was you I would talk to the people that talk to you and not bring up any religious matters. If you avoid them you are letting something you don't believe run your life. I hope everything works out for you

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hi SM62!

Ooh you poor thing!

I'm intrigued.

I know that one elder has warned a few people away from me...

I am still in good standing (more or less), not DA or DFd, hubby is MS, one son doing really, go to odd meeting etc etc.

Why have ppl been warned away?

If you're not DAed/DFed, why on earth are the brothers treating you as a 'bad associate'?

OK, some in the cong are snobby and judgmental and false rumors get around, but why, do you think, have you been singled out?

• Latte
    Latte

(((((SM62)))))

For sure....it hurts. After expressing a few 'independant thoughts' to my BEST FRIEND (no less) she thought and thought, and then decided to tell others to be VERY CAREFUL of me. I think that this is the 'standard advice' which the elders give to anyone enquiring of those that have either left, or are 'very weak' and are on their way out. I may of offended her when I told her that "I'm never coming back" (LOL )

Remember that this is there only way in which they can affect you. They cannot compute in their little brains (the Jw programmed part) anyone who utters a word to question their beliefs.

Do your best to always have a smile on your face when you meet then, and if you get into conversation, try to let them know that 'you have never been better' !

{{{{{{{Take care SM62 & Family}}}}}}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit