Trying not to 'contaminate' others

by SM62 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SM62
    SM62

Does anyone else feel the same that they feel afraid when approached by a particular bro or sis, particularly one you like and who is really nice. I feel that I may get them into trouble just for talking to me. I don't want to drop them in it so I always keep the conversation short.

I know that one elder has warned a few people away from me. I was in the supermarket the other day and somebody I have known for years just sheepishly nodded and bolted for the cash till.

I am still in good standing (more or less), not DA or DFd, hubby is MS, one son doing really, go to odd meeting etc etc.

What I am trying to say is, I feel like I am getting my friends into trouble by stopping to talk to them. If they were seen conversing with me they would probably get a talking to by an elder. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!

Not sure I made myself clear.

Apologies for rambling.

Terri

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well ... I don't know if I really understood all what you've said but ;

their choice actually ... They want to talk to you and they do ... if they would take any kind of "risk" ... they wouldn't, or they would try to hide ... So DON'T WORRY ... Be happy that they are not that dumb !!!

• SM62
    SM62

Thanks FBF,

But it still makes me feel bad. I find myself ducking and diving in shops in case poele see me. I know I have been labelled a bad associate, and friends that know me well still want to meet etc, But I am jeopardising their future by talking to them, aren't I?

Terri

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

No you are not jeopardising their futur ... YOU ARE RIGHT and the JW ARE WRONG (that's your belief now or not ?)... and you just give the chance to those who don't know yet to talk with you ... WHY should you feel BAB ... YOU SHOULD FEEL GOOD ... YOU ARE OUT OF IT !!! (don't worry they will take care of their own matters) ... don't hide ... NO REASON FOR ...

• shera
    shera
    But I am jeopardising their future by talking to them, aren't I?

No,they "control" their lives and you cannot make them do anything they don't want to do.

Do you still believe in the JW's doctrines?

Hope you feel better soon and your NOT BAD association...they are no better than you.

Here is a .

Heather

• La Capra
    La Capra

I found myself in the same situation from time to time, worrying whether, by virtue of my DA statuts, that others were putting themselves in jeopardy for their own "status" (or standing, as they call it). But as the years wore on, I realized I was still thinking in their mindset when it came to others' consciences (or brainwashing), such that while I was perfectly comfortable with the notion that I get to make my own decisions about with whom I wish to converse, and associate, I was still trying to protect others from doing that for themselves. Just a little hypocrisy on my part, I thought, so I backed off and let the conversations flow. Of course, sometimes they are jws that I really don't want to talk to, and I do end those conversations as quickly as I can without being rude or hostile (oh, wow, is that really the time? I've gotta run....).Shoshana

• gumby
    gumby
    What I am trying to say is, I feel like I am getting my friends into trouble by stopping to talk to them. If they were seen conversing with me they would probably get a talking to by an elder.

LaCapra summed it up well.

A person who has truely left the Organisation should NOT play by their rules. When you play by their rules you are in effect saying..."I still believe the way you do on the shunning policy". If a witness was to get reprimanded for talking to you......this sometimes opens their eyes up a little more of the rediculous proceedure of shunning.........ESPECIALLY in your case where shunning should not be practiced by others since as you said, you were not judicially dealt with by the elders.

Gumby

• Special K
    Special K

Ditto Shera's remarks..

They are "no better than you"..

They go to the toilet the same as anyone else..

They put their pants on one leg at a time .. same as anyone else..

and

They wake up with "bad hair" and "bad breath" just like everyone else.

sincerely

special k

• SM62
    SM62

Thank you to all who replied - I would name you invividually but my husband is on the other side of the room so heh?????

Love you all

Terri

• little witch
    little witch

Sm62,

Repeat after me, "I am not guilty"

You didnt make their stupid rules. You are not responsible for their repurcussions.

You are a good person, and should feel no blame for THEIR abuse.

They are the ones who are judging you. They are the ones being bullies. NOT YOU!!!!

Please, please, don't play by their rules. Their rules stink!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit