Ozzie's Weekend Poll #64

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• alfie
    alfie

Hey, this could be the basis for a new TV show

"Survivor- JWdom"

Our survival as Witnesses depended on #''s 9,1,2, and 11.

9-We moved a great deal so we never really became trapped in the clique thing and by getting to know so many different people, we could be more broad-minded. (Now there's an oxymoron for you)

1-I'm a fairly outgoing kind of guy and always made it a point to get to know as many in the hall as possible, including the BoE( without getting too close of course). This usually helped my family feel more comfortable too.

2-We tried to get to the meetings early in order to chat briefly with others and wind down before the meeting started. We often gave others rides to the hall and this could be somewhat stressful, but we managed.

11- On many occasions we would linger for a while after the meetings and talk with others. This could drive Mrs. alfie to distraction as often she just wanted to go straight home. On these occasions we might arrange for her to get a ride home with somebody else.

11-FINALLY- We left.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• freedom96
    freedom96

I survived by doing as little as possible. Show up enough so that the elders knew I was there, but not active to put myself into a position that more was expected.

A smile and a wave from across the hall was enough.

• Panda
    Panda

I was a believer. Baptized at 22, immediately began aux.pio and w/in 6mos. reg.pio. I was full of energy for Jehovah. But finally realizing the where to fores of the borg, I used college as an excuse (not an acceptable excuse but no one could do anything about that) I do remember closing my eyes at meetings and dreaming of the Law and Order show I was missing .. forgot to program the VCR......

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And then when local elders would incorporate this subject in their talks, and saying it will be real soon, the signs are there, blah, blah, blah.....what kept echoing in my mind was Jesus' words that no one would know--not even the son of man.

You're not alone in this, Flower! So many times I had to repeat these words from the platform, it became like a creed. Yes, that's it! The Dubs have a creed, part of which says "It will be here real soon!"

Fact is, Christians should always "keep in expectation" of that day but "no-one knows the day nor the hour". As you say, there is a contradiction in this creed of the Dubs.

I wonder how many others have similar thoughts to yours right now?

Cheers, OzzieVisit Smiley Central!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Ozzie and Mrs. Ozzie!!!!!! Dave and I just got home from camping all weekend at our favorite campground, on a salt water canal. We got oysters galore and had a wonderful weekend, catching up on our reading (novels) and relaxing away from the stresses of home and my parents. Our first night, we had some great expensive steaks cooked over the open campfire and split a bottle of Alice White Shiraz, one of my favorites from Australia. (we don't camp in a primitive way..............we have a really nice RV with a real bed, a bathroom and a television...................I even took a shower and washed my hair...........

One of my distant cousins called today, and she and her husband are in town, on their way to Australia. I am having lunch with them on Tuesday before they fly out. They are Assembly of God members and work with their church on missions. They were in Australia two years ago, cooking at a camp for their church way out in the boonies. I thought you might be interested in that.

Now to the poll:

How did you survive in the Borg?

1. Got on well with the P.O. (and the WT overseer..................Dave) Very funny, Joy!!

2. Got to the meetings early!

5. Closed my eyes in the meeting and thought of England! (we didn't do that, but it's hilarious)

11. Other................tried to pay attention and learn something............it was so hard to not become terminally BORED

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

11. Other (please detail)

I studied my sexy shoes and daydreamed about ummmm...ballroom dancing...?

ESTEE<------of the "shoe-fetish" class

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Ozziepost, howzit goin' eh?

OK here goes:

How did you survive in the Borg?

1. Got on well with the P.O. : no problems, really.

2. Got to the meetings early! : on-time mostly

3. Got to the meetings late!!!! : sometimes, when I moved to rural NW New Brunswick, Canada.

4. Always sat in the back row. : yes, or near the back.

5. Closed my eyes in the meeting and thought of England! : Never

6. Pretended I was weak.: sometimes I'd just be feeling plain depressed/sad, no matter what.

7. Hell, I was weak! : in some peoples' eyes perhaps, but I did my best

8. Never got baptised.: April 1981 (doh!)

9. Kept on moving from cong. to cong.: to some degree.

10. I didn't!!! : I did not enjoy myself, I kept pretending I was happy.....but I was NOT!

11. Other (please detail): wondered what it'd be like on the 'outside', and in November/December 1983, I found out.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This survey sounds like fun. I did the following.

1. Got on well with the P.O....... for about a week. In reality, I never liked the son-of-a-b!*@h.

2. Got to the meetings early!................. I am never late if I can't help it.

3. Got to the meetings late!!!!................. Again, never was late.

4. Always sat in the back row................ Always sat in the front 3 rows. It makes you look more spiritual.

5. Closed my eyes in the meeting and thought of England!.... Sports, women, etc.

6. Pretended I was weak............................... Only for service.

7. Hell, I was weak!...................................... Too true.

8. Never got baptised................................... I wish that was true.

9. Kept on moving from cong. to cong........... I did some of that. Mostly faked moving from cong. to cong. Wasn't that also a song? From cong. to cong from town to town. Jehovah's people move. To keep away from nozy women, those with truth must go.

10. I didn't!!!................................................ Got harder to fake it after reading this site for the first time.

11. Other (please detail)

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."--J.F. Rutherford.

• Gadget
    Gadget

3. Got to the meetings late!!!!

4. Always sat in the back row.

5. Closed my eyes in the meeting and thought of England!

7. Hell, I was weak!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit