Answering Machines...What's your message?

by myself 21 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm interested in the motivation behind this thread. (for watson) LOL

• blackout
    blackout

Hullo Thees ees Sven, I am skeeing in svitzerland, pleeeze leeve your meeeseege.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I have always wanted to find the one form the beginning of the Rockford files, but now most people would not know what that is.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Mine is the usual name/number routine now. I once made one with some eerie bit of Vangelis music playing and slowed my voice down (multitrack recorders are great!) so that it sounded kinda like Igor saying "I'm sorry, the master is not home right now, but if you leave a short message I'm sure he will get back with you....when he returns <muah-hahahahahahaha laughter fading out>".

I thought it came off pretty good. Then a JW friend of my mom calls - didn't leave a message but I heard later that it was because "some creep answered." That was what I was after!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I'm not in right now so at the tone I want you to give it to me and give it to me like I've never had it before

• smack
    smack

whats yer number Stacey?????????????

Steve

(and don't be home when I call)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Right now, I've got the usual recorded "drill"...."You have reached #######...please, leave a message at the sound of the beep."

But what I'd REALLY like to record as my message is..."This better be good...."

Frannie B

• Robdar
    Robdar

I now use voice mail. But when I did have an answering machine, many years ago, there were 2 messages that I used sometimes that always got a response.

In one I would say "Hello?" I waited a moment to give the caller a chance to start speaking and then would say "oh, I forgot, I'm not here right now, please leave a message". It fooled quite a few people. Their responses were sometimes funny. Some of my friends would cuss me. Others would threaten revenge for me having fooled them into thinking I had answered the phone.

The other was when my X and I first got married.

When the machine would pick up, the caller would hear sounds of destruction going on and then my x would say in a dramatic Japanese accent: "Horry Chlist, Godzirra is attacking house. No time tark. Prease reave message"

Silly, I know. But we smoked a lot of dope back in those days.....

Robyn

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My son recorded over my song. It used to answer playing a short snipit of The Talking heads, "Lights on....nobodies home click click....see ya later"------------------beep

Believe it or not......I must have got at least a dozen responses from various people that said they did not understand my message. LOL! Hahaha. Sheesh. "hmmm...guess ya had to be there"duh......

No I think it is my son saying "If you're not going to leave a message then don't call back!"

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Before I jacked Hellsouth my answering machine greeting was "Hello?" followed by about a 10 second pause then came the beep. I did that to mess with telemarketers. When they call there's always this delay. So I tried to time my greeting so a live telemarketer would be greeted by the beep.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit