Answering Machines...What's your message?

by myself 21 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

right now mine is the standard leave your name, number, ect. but for a while it was:

Hello, if this is who I think it is leave a message

If it isn't who I think it is leave a message anyways, maybe we'll do lunch.

If you you aren't who you think you are don't leave a message - get help!

By the time the message finished the majority of the callers forgot why they called in the first place, but I didn't have very many hang-ups, they usually left a message..

• onacruse
    onacruse

eheh...ours is something like "Hello, I can't answer the phone right now, please leave a message." Female voice...some people thought it was Kate! LOL

(A couple others thought it was me, but we won't talk about that now, eh? )

Craig

• blondie
    blondie

We always have my hubbie put on the message. It's very unimaginative. We identify ourselves by last name only: "Hi, this is the Irreverent family. We are sorry we can't take your call right now. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message, and the date and time you called. Bye."

We don't say we aren't home. No need to invite the burglars in. We love the new DoNotCall list in effect in our state. It has cut out all those sales calls. Now if we could just filter out those JW calls.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mine is very dry and to the point:

Hello, this is David. You have reached ###-###-####, please leave a brief message and your number.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I dialed a wrong number once and got the following recording:

"I am not available right now, but thank you for caring
    enough to call. I am making some changes in my life.
    Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return
    your call, you are one of the changes."

• smack
    smack

mine is

Hello?.......................................Hello?................................Hello?..................................anyone there?...........................

........................leave a message

Steve

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Hello "my name"

Thanks for calling,
    Leave your message
    and/or your phone number
    and when you want to be called back.

• qwerty
    qwerty

I know this is not what you asked for, I could not find the site with some prank Celeb answer phone messeges I used once.

I found this instead........... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/morepranks.shtml

Sooooo funny!

Qwerty

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

My dear old mas goes:

"Greetings earthlings, we are away on a journey among the stars and will, if you leave a message, reply when we return, in a few million light years".

• Mac
    Mac

Mine simply says......."Hell, if i wanted to talk to you I would have picked up the damned phone!"

mac, of the "God bless caller ID class!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit