"Generation of 1914" Countdown Timer

by ILoveTTATT2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

So proud of this counter that I made!

Very simple yet shows the estimated amount of people that are living that are from the generation of 1914, defined as "all the people who were alive, even just barely being born, when WW1 started".

Here's what I assumed:

10% of the 1.7 billion people alive in 1914 were infants, just children. This means that we start with 170 million babies born in 1914. This is a fairly high number but let's give the witnesses a wide margin.

1% of those 170 million made it to January 1st, 2014, that is 1.7 million people.

People after 100 die at 50% rates per year... so that by January 1st, 2015, there would have been 800 thousand or so.

As of right now, it is at 56,817.

I leave you the link. It updates automatically. You have to wait for like a minute or two for it to go down.

https://www.verdadtj.com/atalaya/Generation%201914%20Counter.html

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Actually, not "a minute or two" but around 15-20 mins. But it works!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I think JW.org should have a link for this. It could get the sheep excited.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

LOL! DonĀ“t give them ideas! hahahaha

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Except they dont believe this anymore ... how much do we joke about overlapping generations?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Splane did the best joke on overlapping generations. He had a funny chart, it was hilarious.

• steve2
    steve2

My now deceased maternal grandparents who were converted in the 1920s to the organization preached that 'the generation that would not pass away before the end came' were NOT babies born in 1914 but individuals old enough to comprehend what was befalling the world when World War One started (i.e., those who had reached the so-called age of "understanding"). Various estimates put those individuals at ages 13 to 16.

So, the more pertinent and telling question is - by JWs own past reckoning - how many people who were ages 13 to 16 at the time the War broke out are still alive?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi Steve,

So, the more pertinent and telling question is - by JWs own past reckoning - how many people who were ages 13 to 16 at the time the War broke out are still alive?
    None. Absolutely none. There are three periods that the "generation" teaching mentioned:

15 or above at the time WWI started. - None left

10 or above at the time WWI started - 6 left

Had been born when WWI started - look at the counter to see an estimate of how many are left.

• waton
    waton

"115-year-old Kane Tanaka, also of Japan, born 2 January 1903, is the oldest living person.-documented-" Wiki

This lady would have been 11 at the beginning of WW 1, well into the understanding, reading age. I was a few years younger when WW2 started, and remember where I was, when that fact sank in. so,

If wt had not made themselves false prophets again by going for the anointed overlap, they could now make the " unreasonable by human standards " demand to offer up all excess valuables, since we can not be more than 7 years away from the end. and remember,

Sapphira, the liah, sold property more than 30 years before the end of the first end time generation. The flood had an end time generation too. I guess, they love to keep them guessing

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

10 or above at the time WWI started - 6 left

That`s the time frame I remember when I was in and my wife and I were told our children would never get to high school .Both of who have been married with kids of their own .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit