Could this be the language in the New system?

by shotgun 12 Replies latest social humour

• shotgun
    shotgun

The European Union commissioners have announced that an agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 per sent shorter. In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go. By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by " v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plase....

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jawohl, Herr Kommandant!!

You're right on the "mark" !! I'd bet my last Deutsche-mark that you'r korrekt.

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

LOL Good one! Would make the English language a bit easier...

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deons't mttaer
    waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
    frist and lsat ltteers are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl
    mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm (ecxetp for Ferd
    Wavsrasky, who raeds at a tirhd grdae leevl). Tihs is bcuseae we do
    not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

weird, huh?!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I hav herd zis wun b4. Kwite funy. But it maks sens cunsidering ze duming down of guvernmint skuls. Insted of making zem lern lets just lower ze standerd 4 evrybody els.

Mike.

• Special K
    Special K

OH SHOTGUN... YOU ARE JUST SUCH A FUNNY GUY!!!..

Good sense of humour here.

You had me going for a minute.

I know someone who had some learning difficulties with the english language..

the biggest problem was alot of the things you started writing.

As far as the English language is concerned.. (spellings) it just doesn't play fair.

special k

• Special K
    Special K

Ponder this shotgun:

This was in this months Reader's Digest...

Why the English language is difficult to learn:

The bandage was wound around the wound.

He could lead if he would get the lead out.

The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

They were too close to the door to close it.

As you can see,

NO WONDER WE HAVE SUCH A HARD GET THE RIGHT UNDERSTANDING OF THINGS, SOMETIMES.

SPECIAL K

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hiel Hitler. Shotgun are you blonde, over 6 feet tall, with blue eyes?

Too funny.

Special K You beat me to it. Our language is so messed up, I can't imangine how others master it as a second language.

• Panda
    Panda

Sheeesh... you really had me going for a minute! But if you think English is hard try reading, writing, and speaking Chinese. BTW I think Chinese would make a terrific global language. You can really tell the good spellers from the bad just by their penmenship. LOL

• oldcrowwoman
  • Special K
    Special K

The hardest part for speaking chinese.. is trying to get my "eyes" in the right position. . hehe

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit