Overwhelmed

by Freedom rocks 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed on what to believe?

I've been doing lots of research on beliefs, evolution, creationism but I feel no further forward about what I truly believe.

For example I looked at the fossil record and tiktaalic and thought great it proves a lot but then I've seen counter arguments on YouTube of people basically saying its a load of rubbish and doesn't prove anything.

I'm left confused because there seems to be strong arguments for and against most theories and discoveries.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

"I don't know" is a perfectly fine answer to the big questions. Embrace not knowing. Own it. You can always make up your mind later.

It's not as if the answers have any impact on your daily life, right? You'll try to be the best, kindest you anyway (I hope).

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

To add: think about what process you appear to trust when it comes to technology, food, medicine, etc. Why suddenly distrust that process when it comes to geology, biology, paleontology, etc.?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Somebody said: "There's no easy answers to difficult questions".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing you should believe in is the indefensible fact of human ignorance of the world in which we live.

Some of that ignorance has been overcome due to scientific research and discoveries but there is more to learn.

Most of the ancients who believed in supernatural beings in outer space had controlling factors in what appears here on this planet and of are selves have been proven false overtime.

Sorry but the returning savior or Christ to relieve humanity's woes and problems is still appealing hearsay contained in mythological expression.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Are you still looking for "The TRUTH"? Because unless you're the one doing all of the research initially, and none of us can be the foremost expert on everything, you're always at the mercy of someone else. Things like evolution have a ton of evidence so you know it happened on some level. Nobody knows what started everything conclusively, and if there's a god that kicked it all off then I hope it isn't the one in the bible that is a genocidal nutjob in a book with a myriad of issues, and if you want to put faith in that god fine but you could just as soon put faith in the god of many other religions so who cares.

Like Anders said, it's perfectly okay not to know everything. It doesn't have to impact your life. I know enough but don't care to know it all anyway. Life is more fun with a little bit of mystery, and if something really bothers you then investigate it. But you don't have to let the search for something that cannot necessarily be found on every little thing drive you crazy. One of the things that I had to learn is that I'm not always in control, stuff happens, and all we can do is try to react the best we can.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Look at the effect of truth on people who claim to have received truth. Look at the widespread crime against children and women by religious leaders. When people go deep into science, some lose their faith in God where as faith of others becomes stronger, hence you have two groups of scientists—those believing in God and those who do not. Despite the findings of quantum physics many scientists today still cling onto the prevailing matter-oriented worldview against the conviction of Max Plank, the very father of Quantum Theory.

I read the book of nature (not any scriptures) and learn very practical principles such as the following:

1) Everything in the universe is held by Gravity which operates in its SOFTNESS even though it is very powerful.

2) Trees and plants are food and flower factories which function in SILENCE and give us SWEETNESS and FRAGRANCE, and they work for others (not for themselves).

I find more than enough principles in the above to make my life meaningful and joyful.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

YouTube is best suited for cat videos. jk. Give it time.

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

After decades of trying to believe that a being created life on earth with predators and prey, but that in the future everything would miraculously change, and forcing myself to believe that everyone who was not a JW was going to die in a few years, including those in countries where they've never heard of JWs, and swallowing whole the teaching that all worldly people were selfish assholes but WE were great..... hmmm. What do I believe now? I believe I'll go have a beer and enjoy my life.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Here is just a few facts. Dinosaurs had bone cancer and killed each other for food. Amber with insects stuck in it prove spiders and bees were deadly having stingers and biters 100,000s of years ago a most likely even farther back.

Black holes look to be confirmed. And we know star light coming from distant galaxies are millions of years old. Humans have been proven to be over 6000 years old yes proven not speculation. Just look at the cave art in Indonesia.

So with that being said the Bible has been proven to be nothing more then a book of mythology, infact many of the stories in it are based off of older stories dating back over a thousand years before any bible manuscript were created. One such story the Noah flood story not only comes from Sumeria but has been proven by Ice core samples , tree ring dating and Egyptian archaeology to have never have happened. These are just three ways they have proved that this event never happened there are other methods.

Anyway hope this helps helps your faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit