Do you still love your relatives/friends who shun you?

by HadEnuf 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Last night, out of the blue, I had a dream about my kid brother (30, married, no kids) where I woke up grieving.
    It's the first time I've had such a dream about any of my family members, and I don't dream often.

I miss him, but he hasn't spoken to me since I DA'ed.

How can you not love your blood relatives, when it's "beliefs" that chain them?
    (though I can understand in the case of where some have done despicable things)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I do love my family, but I don't miss them that much.....

What I do miss, is the kind of relationship we could/should be having.

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie...of course you offer your words of wisdom, short & sweet; I wish I could get to the same "state" that you can feel towards your relatives. (Did you have a good trip? We were thinking of you with envy and jealousy!)

It didn't happen overnight. I just got tired of the way I felt, the hate was eating me up. I had help through counseling. I had a heart to heart with my mother about 5 years ago. We were both still JWs but she was so destructive and negative. I finally realized the only way to protect myself was to stop being around her when she was acting that way (since she didn't stop, we don't see each other much). It is a matter of filling your life with people who do love you and show it even if it is only a few people. (had a great time, relaxing and the scenery was beautiful. We are refreshed and ready to face the next 5 months when we take another short vacation.)

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit