About the Mark of the Beast

by Kosonen 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I can agree on most of what this man preaches about the Mark of the Beast.

https://madmaxworld.tv/watch?id=64fd01a1112661824fb397c7

• r51785
    r51785

The mark of the beast is on the head or hand. You cannot buy or sell without the mark. The number is 666. I believe that the mark of the beast is the iPhone. You hold the iPhone in your hand and place it against your head. You cannot buy or sell without it. If you add 6+6+6 you get 18. When the iPhone 18 is released then will come the rapture and tribulation. Since we are on iPhone 14, there is not much time left.

• cofty
    cofty

Please tell me this is satire

• r51785
    r51785

How can you say that this is satire????? Look at all those great deals at the InfoWars store. I'm going to be stocking up on Ultimate Bone Broth Plus in order to survive the tribulatation!!

• Duran
    Duran
    Since we are on iPhone 14, there is not much time left.

Oh No...on 15 now. :)

Apple unveils iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max - Apple

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Perhaps the 18 is a reference to 2018? That will become the new date when Christ's heavenly reign began, and that is the generation that Jesus's words in Matthew 24:34 apply to. No more need for overlapping generations!

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

People, have we not grown past our Watchtower days?

Personally, I believe people should be free to make their choices free of religious dogma. But even if you are going to go down that route, why choose to repeat the same mistakes and go down the road that the JWs take?

They read Revelation and the Bible without any critical type of approach, without any consideration of its ancient form of genre. It isn't a prophecy, it's an apocalypse. Its alternative title is even "The Apocalypse of John."

An apocalypse is a writing containing political intrigue that is filled with commentary on what was happening during the author's lifetime written in the name of a prophet as if they were oracles foretelling the future. The Book of Daniel is a similar work (it was written during the time of the Hasmonean dynasty explaining the events of the Maccabean revolt that lead up to the first celebration of Chanukah). Just as "Daniel" is not the author of the book bearing his name, neither is "John" the author of the Christian apocalypse. So why try to go back and "guess" what these things are going to be in the future like the Watchtower (of some Fundamentalist Christians) preach. There are countless commentaries explaining what the authors were talking about in the past that academics agree upon (in other words, scholars know more or less what these writers were saying as they were talking about the past, not looking into the future). That's why there are commentaries on the subject.

Because some people (still) think that the book of Revelation is an actual prophecy, some of these have actually thought that the "Mark of the Beast" have been the following:

• RFID tags (introduced in WWII)
    • Barcodes on products
    • Microchips (fear they would be forced to tag people to ID them or used as payment)
    • Cryptocurrency
    • REAL ID Act
    • "Obamacare"

For more information see--The Desperate Search for the Mark of the Beast

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

@KalebOutWest, you must be way way out West...lol😆...

KalebOutWest said: "They read Revelation and the Bible without any critical type of approach, without any consideration of its ancient form of genre. It isn't a prophecy, it's an apocalypse. Its alternative title is even "The Apocalypse of John."

An apocalypse is a writing containing political intrigue that is filled with commentary on what was happening during the author's lifetime written in the name of a prophet as if they were oracles foretelling the future."

"ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, ap-ok-al'-oop-sis; from G601; disclosure:—appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation." (Strong's definitions)

@KalebOutWest, Revelation isn't a "political intrigue". Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean there isn't someone else who does understand it. God had it written and He understands it, and He can let whoever He wants understand it, even the lowliest person on the planet, if He wants to.

KalebOutWest said: "There are countless commentaries explaining what the authors were talking about in the past that academics agree upon (in other words, scholars know more or less what these writers were saying as they were talking about the past, not looking into the future). That's why there are commentaries on the subject."

Most "scholars" don't know jack about what Revelation means. Neither do the youtubers who make stuff up about the mark of the beast, or internet website bloggers who want to beg for donations for supporting their supposed "work for the Lord" (aka, their own pocketbook).

Just because some ridiculous wack-jobs wrongly conclude that the "mark of the beast" is Obamacare or tags or microchips or vaccines or whatever doesn't negate that fact that Revelation is prophecy from God.

There is no "magic potion" to get "saved". There is no "secret sauce" to get "saved". There is no "special number" or "charm" or superstitious hoosiewhatsis to avoid in order to get "saved". Jehovah is not some God of superstition.

Revelation was given in signs. The rest of the Bible and holy spirit helps explain what the signs mean.

Exodus 13:9

"And this will serve for you as a sign on your hand and as a memorial on your forehead, so that Jehovah’s law may be in your mouth, for with a mighty hand Jehovah brought you out of Egypt."

Deuteronomy 6:6-8

"These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart...Tie them as a reminder on your hand, and they must be like a headband on your forehead."

In ancient times, when the Jews were told to keep the Law on tied on their hands and on their foreheads, it didn't mean literally. It meant they should let it guide their thinking and their actions. It's the same with the illustration about the mark of the beast. Those having the mark of the beast are contrasted with those who do not have the mark of the beast on their forehead or hand.

Revelation 20:4

"Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand."

Faithful ones do not let ungodly, beastly ways dominate their thinking and actions.

That's all the mark of the beast is. It's not anything huge. It's not complicated. The mark of the beast just means being morally stupid. It's figurative, not literal.

Revelation 13:18

"This is where it calls for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number, and its number is 666."

Six is one short of seven. The sabbath rest was on the seventh day. The Kingdom with Christ as King will provide true rest for mankind. Neither the UN nor any part of Satan's political system can provide rest for mankind. The political systems are deficient. Those who rest their hope for salvation on the UN or other parts of Satan's political system will be marked figuratively "666". Their thinking is deficient - if they really think the worldly governments can solve all earth's problems, they really have no clue.

God is Love. Those who let love guide their thinking and actions are not beastly. Love is what will protect people from having the figurative "mark of the beast".

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

666 is the number of a name, the name of the Anti-Christ. In Greek, the letters have a corresponding number value.

Here's an educational exercise:

First, type your name here to see your name printed in Greek characters.

Then, look at the chart below and find the numerical value that corresponds to each letter in your name in Greek .

Write down all the letter values and add them up. It's that simple.

If your name equals 666, you could be the Anti-Christ.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest
    EasyPrompt: Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean there isn't someone else who does understand it.

I didn't say I didn't understand it. I wrote that I did because there are scholars and academics that do too. I said that the Watchtower and Fundamentalists do not. That was what I wrote.

Academics and scholars aren't people who "make up" things about the books of Daniel and Revelation.

The scholars that you are mocking and that I am talking about are people like Jewish sages such as Maimonides and other great Hebrew teachers of history such as Ravi. I am also making reference to the Church and Apostolic Fathers, such as those that helped create and finalize the Biblical canon. That is who you are talking about whar you said "they don't know jack about what Revelation means." Without them we would not even have the Book of Revelation.

You talk about "love" is what you need to protect you from the "mark of the beast." Your type of love is not helping you do anything but be arrogant and hateful and close-minded and turn people off.

Who would want to be like you? I would rather hear from the great teachers of the Jews, the Church Fathers than from someone like you. You are not a person of love. You are dark and dimwitted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit