I sent this letter to The Governing Body, but they never answered. Why?

by Benny Sikter 21 Replies latest jw friends

• arancia
    arancia

you have naked them and they deserved it,good on you my friend.I have left that organization a year ago and I know, that has been the best move I could have done in the hope,that I maybe save my everlasting life.They will never take the time to answer to you,they have enough trubles of their own,what made you think anyway that they would be soooooo sensitive to be concerned about you? I love your letter.very well done. ciao Arancia

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

My husband and I have both written many letters to New York...governing body, service department, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes we get a reply (usually a nice little form letter that doesn't really address any of your concerns)...sometimes we don't. Mostly we don't.

I personally believe that not only do they not WANT to reply to these letters because they are cowards; they have a little difficulty (no, make that ALOT of difficulty) with facing the truth about the "truth". And they're probably swamped with so much mail from all of us dissatisfied customers that they just don't have the resources or ability to reply.

We gave up hanging around the mailbox for replies. What a waste of time. BUT...that was a pretty good letter and they SHOULD reply to it. They do such a wonderful job of caring for the sheep don't they? Cathy L.

• jws
    jws

The fact that you read an apostate's literature means you've committed a crime. They would be very reluctant to answer you on that basis as it is. The fact that you are asking these questions, regardless of how you word it, gives the appearance that you have already formed your opinions. In which case, they're not going to take the time and effort to answer and get into an argument that neither side will concede. And going on for paragraph after paragraph with accusation after accusation doesn't come off as some meek person asking a simple question. It comes off as bold and you've clearly taken a side.

Furthermore, and maybe more legitimately, you asked them the details of a judicial committee by asking them why they took the actions they did. Should they tell you, a stranger, the details of it? I was the subject of a committee for things my JW girlfriend and I were doing together. I don't know that I'd be particularly ashamed to share what happened with somebody if they asked me, but that's my choice. I know I don't want the elders to answer questions asked by some stranger about what went on and why I was on private reproof.

I have a lot of respect for Ray Franz and believe his side of the story. But, as a general rule, you can't always trust the DF'ed person to be telling you all the details of why they got DFed. Sometimes the DFed person did do something that they aren't telling you about that is the main reason they got DFed.

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding my letter to The Governing Body?

I will add that I still was an elder when I wrote the letter. But nobody called or talked to me about my writings. Should not true christians defend their beliefs, even to strangers like me? 1 Peter 3:15 says: "But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect."

Is the lack of godly love and respect to my person a very strong evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses are not true christians? (See John 13:34, 35; Romans 12:17-21; 1 Peter 2:17)

May I ask: What is "DFed"? (Please do remember I am swedish and have difficulties with the english language)

Benny Sikter, Sweden

• berylblue
    berylblue

Benny,

I'm not surprised; but welcome.

One would think that the Christian way to go about things would have been to show love by writing and engaging in discourse; if for no other reason than concern for your everlasting well being.

You, however, committed the egregious crime of questioning (albeit with love and tact) the WTS; apparently, the GB feels it has no responsibility toward those with "apostate" leanings.

• berylblue
    berylblue

DFed = Disfellowshipped.

Curious: Did Ray Franz ever reply?

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hi Berylblue,

You say: "You, however, committed the egregious crime of questioning (albeit with love and tact) the WTS; apparently, the GB feels it has no responsibility toward those with "apostate" leanings."

But why didn't GB in Brooklyn contact the brothers at Branch Office here in Sweden so they should contact the elders in my home congregation, and finally, these elders should contact me, a presumtive apostate?

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Thanks,

I discussed with brother Raimond Franz a couple of times last year. He said to me that's wasting of time to write to GB. But Raimond himself won't write to me any longer. And he has blocked my email adress thus stoping me to contact him further.

Benny Sikter

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

dear Benny, you sound like such a wonderful person and if i were in your congregation, I would have loved for you to been taking care of the needs of the brothers. Its just too bad that our so called "Motherly" organization doesn't really know how to tend to her chicks. That was the problem Benny, you attacked her. That was a No No. You are not allowed to call into question the great OZ. I see the depth of your sincerety inbetween your lines. Like a pleading as to why why why and please please please tell me tell me. Give me some answers. They are not interested in answering your questions. You stepped out of bounds, you asked their now enemy Ray Franz, a wonderful brother who once devoted every ounce of his being to working and glorifing Jehovah's name. He found the truth beyond the truth, and for that he would have to suffer the alltimate cost. Out, you must go, we the G.B. can not have you ruffling the feathers of the organization. We the GB have said it this way ,and it has to be our way and no other way. We are in charge. You can't change it. Even if you and a few others are right. We have spoken and now you are being thrown out like a piece of dead meat., or something rotten to them.. Dear Benny the Organization is too cowardly to respond to your pleadings. They can't allow you to disrupt the congregations. You are a small speck in the cogs of their great organization. You can't put sand in the wheels. Heaven forbid the dirt would be revealed. Well Benny guess what? You showed the dirt . its revealed the organization has made up its mind. You don't count. So you have to go. You are to independant, certainly the spirit of Satan. He can't stay. We are the ones that are right. He can try and yell and scream but we don't have to listen. We are 6 million he is only one. Friend you are indeed a sincere and devote Christian. With courage and conviction you endeavoured to find the answers to questions that seemed so logical. However for a massive organiztion these questions have proved to be to complex. They will have to lie to cover up. Where would they start? Do you think for one minute they will declare to the world of JWs that they have made mistakes. Ha, Maybe when hell freezes over. But you did what you had to do and your conscience is clear. And as sad and difficult it is to understand this organization is cloaked in lies and I am so happy that you saw through their deception and have left to seek the answers you need to know to complete your own faith. May your journey prove to be both enlightening and strenghten a faith you seek to know. My deepest regards for sharing with us your story and your own journey with the WTBTS. And may they have done unto them what they have done unto others.

Bless you Benny.

All my love Orangefatcat...

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hi Orangefatcat!

I just saw your message above. Thank you so much for encourages me, now when the brothers in the congregation won't do it!

Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit