It's a Small World After All

by Prisca 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

How many of you came to this board, only to find others you knew when you were Witnesses?

Perhaps you didn't know the other person had left. Or you knew they'd left, but had lost touch, only to be reunited here?

Or there is some other connection?

For example:

Ozziepost and his family were in the same circuit as me back in the 80s. A brother of his was in a neighbouring congregation to mine, who often gave talks in our KH. Ozzie's brother was also a marriage celebrant, who happened to marry my father to his second wife! Ozzie was also involved in the same department at conventions that I often volunteered in, yet we never actually met.

Smack is a relative of a very good friend I had when I was in my home congregation. Through her I also met other relatives of theirs. So in a sense I "know" Smack, albeit through his relatives!

ok, your turn

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Pr_Capone and I went to the same Hall.

• berylblue
    berylblue

No one. Those militant heartless morons with whom I had the misfortune of associating are, most likely, still pioneering and eldering away.

• smack
    smack

er....... I know someone that knows Prisca.....my cousin.

There are probably more, as I come form a LARGE family.

I'm related to Bridget, we share 2 grandparents. It's from the Scot side of her family.

I know Tink, I've seen Peter Pan

I have seen Vivamus' live webcam on her blogging thingy

I'm making this up, I'm going home now

Steve

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Yep sure is small, Brummie and I both know the same holier than thou "annoited" person.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Let's see...

All of the following knew each other by way of the troof:

Funchback, badwillie, DIM, and Nikita.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Sirona and I were in the same congregation. We did not realise who the other one was until we got acquainted through this board. I did not know she had escaped.

Little Toe and I know a few people in common from the Midlands. I lived there until I was 10.

Thats about it. I wasn't a pioneer celebrity socialite so I didn't know many people outside my own congregation, and sadly it seems there haven't been that many escapees from there.

• yxl1
    yxl1

No one. I dont think anyone on this board comes from the Croydon area

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Well...................................

I knew

• Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie when we were all in the borg. Then years went by and we lost touch. Through this forum, we have met up again and Mr Bliss and I are thrilled! We love 'em! Besides, Ozzie challenges our drinking skills. LOL
    • Redroc has been PM me and it turns out that her mother and I were neighbours and spent some time together when I was in the borg.
    • UpandAtom's brother was quite a good friend of my hubby and I sat in on one of his studies. I know several elders U&A refers to in his posts.
    • Kelpie is a new found friend.

Not bad for 12 years in the borg!

Cheers, Bliss

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hmmmm...let me see...(this would be a borgite's delite!) ....there would be Prisca, Bliss [not forgetting Mr Bliss], and Uncle Bruce,. And then there's Older Tom, Younger Tom, and Dark Knight from our Book Study Group.

And then there's old friends Amos and Zaqen....

And then there's......

oh what the hell.........the waters of Babylon have indeed dried up!!

A small world? You bet!

Cheers, OzzieVisit Smiley Central!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit