"My book of bible stories" is child abuse!!

by Witness 007 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I once gave this book to a woman with kids at the door...to my shock my next visit she gave it back saying it was discusting and full of violence and sex! This book was clearly written by some Bethel loser with no kids. I don't understand why Witnesses don't have a separate kids school.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Bible is full of stories about violence and sex. Obviously your HH hadn't read her Bible.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes but a kids book should be toned down. Most religions have a school for kids. They don't need a talk about Masterbation!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Since when has the Watchtower Corporation(tm) prevented abusing children in any form?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Don`t all children masterbate ? Isn`t it just about being human and the way GOD made humanity ?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

You didn't know that the book had such stories before you gave it to her?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Does anyone have a link to the identical book from the 30s? It was posted here some years back

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My Book of Bible Stories is NOT the instrument to be used against the WTS. Yes, it contains stories of violence and as mentioned, the Bible contains violence. But reading that to children is not child abuse. Educating children about reality and history is not child abuse.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Some of the images portrayed in this book are hardly age appropriate and definitely NOT suitable for children.

Yes,,,this book is in fact ""child abuse".

A different form of abuse.

• carla
    carla

As a non jw who went to Sunday school I can assure you that mainstream churches do NOT have children reading about masturbation, death and violence. Our Bible stories were simple and age appropriate. If you are of a certain age perhaps you remember Golden Books? they were simple cute books for children, they put out a number of children's bible stories. We also often did singing and a craft or coloring in Sunday school. In mainstream churches they do not discuss sex, masturbation, oral, anal and whatever else the perverts like to discuss with children and in mixed company (once upon a time such topics were not discussed in front of men & women together).

I can't even imagine sitting in church with my Dad or Grandparents when such topics would be brought up! It is just one of the many reasons I never allowed my kids anywhere near a kh. Told my jw that if anyone ever tried to have a discussion like what jw's do in their 'service' I would beat the shit out of the speaker.

Before I get roasted for that, when discussing the above topic with other non jw's they all agree they would do the same. I don't know, are jw's just a bunch of perverts or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit