Has any Witness prophesies ever came true ?

by Singing Man 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Surely some of the prophesies came true, my old mom tells me that they all have bless her heart she is 84 and its all she knows. But I guess if you line up all of them the ones that did not far out number the ones that did. What do you say to someone who says God directed the Witness's in bible prophesies?

And what ones did come true????

• Celia
    Celia

None that we know of Singing Man ! Ask your old dear Mom which of the WTBTS' prophecies came true ...

• shamus
    shamus

I know of none. They always say that they have come true, which is garbage.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Surely some of the prophesies came true

But its easy to prophesy things after they have taken place....

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

My dad is pretty well read and he says none have come true. The last one I remember was the change in generation which appeared in that Awake. The article went on to say that the end was certainly to come before the end of the century. Oops

• sens
    sens

Yer...One Did...They Said Many Would Leave The Org...

They just failed to mention it was because those that did leave found out it was bs.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm sure the biggest one they take credit for is the whole 1914 thing. But that's a bunch of garbage because their reasoning hinges on the destruction of Jerusalem being placed at 607 BC. Historians and most every other religion puts that event at 586/587 BC.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Zip. Zero. Nada. None.

• shotgun
    shotgun

They have fulfilled several....

A disgusting thing standing where it should not...Borganization says salvation only through it

Men would speak Demon inspired expressions.....read any of the old publications and see they did that also

The list goes on and on..

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I'm sure the biggest one they take credit for is the whole 1914 thing.

That's why a lot of JW's think that all of the Society's predictions have come true, because the organization is always crowing about how they 'predicted 1914," crying "Watch out for 1914," and the like. What they fail to mention is that what actually happened in 1914 - which they are now trying to take credit for having predicted - is not what they actually predicted for 1914. What they predicted was Armageddon. It didn't happen. Yes, other things happened that year, some of them pivotal in human history. But none of them were Armageddon, and that was what the WTS had actually predicted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit