Do you respect God?

by micheal 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

You're assuming that the only god available is the omnipotent transcendent creator-god of the Bible. I don't respect him because of what I might call "Epicurus's paradox," namely: "If God wishes to prevent evil, but cannot, then He is not all powerful. If He can prevent evil, but will not, then He is not good. If He has both power and the will to eliminate evil, then WHY is evil in the world?"

Jehovah is either a liar or a contradiction in terms.

Looking farther afield, though, I see a whole array of gods who are helpers but not all-powerful creators; helpers, "guardian angels," partisans, advocates ... friends. I respect them, at least my friends among them, only a little more than they respect me.

GentlyFeral
    still pagan tonight

• Farkel
    Farkel

: You know the saying, you have to earn respect. Has God earned it?

You haven't really defined "God" so your question is basically (and sorrowfully, fallacious.)

If you are talking about "Watchtower God" (which is a God different from any other Gods in the known Universe), then I can say honestly and from my dear heart that I respect dog shit more than that "god."

Farkel, of the trying to be honest class

• bebu
    bebu

The God who IS there, however accurate in details I may be about Him, yes, I do respect Him.

He's obviously a whole lot smarter than the lot of us. And over time I see that He's always had a better plan than the ones I've proposed.

Jehoober, though, is a laugh.

bebu

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

It doesn't matter how you define god. Do you respect what you define as god?

I haven't seen anything that actually requires respect unless I make assumptions. IF god made the earth the way it is today then I am grateful but unless I know why he did it how can I have respect for that. It could be that he was trying to create the perfect planet but was distracted by a very sexy god walking by while he was mixing the crucial ingredients.

I would respect god if he particapated. Also I might have had some respect if he'd made women with a little more libido.

TimB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit