Evolution doesn't happen today...WRONG...

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Last year I had a brother tell me that one proof evolution is false is that he doesn't see it happening today... i was going to bring of viruses evolving so fast that new vaccines must be developed each year but felt he was too closed minded to receive it.

Today I was listening to the audio book of 'An Ancestors Tale- Richard Dawkins' and noted oe point that shined through.

Here is evolution happening>>>

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/05/2/l_052_05.html

Basically this an another example Dawkins gave of bird are examples of ring or circular evolution. One on side of the valley the salamanders are a different species then the other (they can't interbreed)However running all along in a northerly ring is a series of intermediates that can interbreed. Yet on the opposite ends they are a different species.

With me genetic evidence is 100% proof but if you want to see it happening before your eyes here is the proof. .

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

We also see it all over the world in places called Kingdom Halls . In these places there are groups of humans that congregate yet we see evidence that they are becoming less and less human more of a subspecies, some are calling them zombies yet that’s not an accurate title because thier actually not dead. It’s not sure what the best title for this group should be but the evidence is very telling.

• venus
    venus

The thread that runs through the details of Bible is evolution.

1) A nation believes that they are God’s chosen people and rest of the world is pagan. When the history unfolds, the so-called chosen people go under occupation by the so-called pagans. From this theological crisis, a new theology of a messiah (who would restore everything) is evolved.

2) When the Messiah did arrive, no restoration took place; rather Messiah himself was murdered. From this evolved another teaching that it was God’s will that Messiah should be murdered by sinners so that sinners can seek forgiveness on the basis of such a death.

3) Even about specific subject you can see such evolution. For example, resurrection of Jesus. Mark was written first, and he’s hardly got anything about the resurrection; Matthew comes next with little more information; and then toward the end of the century we get Luke and John, and then and only then do we find stories about Jesus eating broiled fish, cooking breakfast by the shore, inviting Thomas to touch him, and so on..And finally book of Acts saying about 40-day works of resurrected Jesus (See, just from one-verse resurrection from first gospel of Mark to 40 days post-resurrection works in Acts)

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    The OP is talking specifically about biological evolution, not the woo kind.
  • cofty
    cofty

Ring species are an interesting example of speciation. I have not yet done a thread on this in my series. There is some misinformation about subject that creationists like you exploit. It is a great challenge to ask creationists where one species stops and a new one begins. Thanks for the OP.

Venus that is perhaps the most egregious example of hijacking a thread I have seen in a while.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

H1N1 Virus evolved as a more advanced species in the Next few years that required a more advanced medicine to eradicate.

This is micro Evolution. In fact the whole concept of inventing new medication, for known viruses, is based on micro Evolution. I have told this Several times to my JW wife.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm partial the purple-to-red color transition analogy; at one end the color is clearly purple, at the other end it's clearly red, but at no point is there really a demarcation between the two.

Also, the fact that virtually all environments are in a constant state of change, therefore life has to constantly change to survive in it.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The interesting element of the ring spp of salamanders in California is the scientific 'luxury' of having the variants still living to observe the evolution. This data is not usually available to palaeontologists.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have that book by Dawkins, but it is along time since I read it, if memory serves he gives examples of a number of fast, modern cases of Evolution.

Is not though the JW Org of Ignorance case that one species cannot evolve in to another, ever ?

Surely the Mountain of Evidence proves them so wrong, as usual.

• Outahere
    Outahere

When I was a boy, I remember seeing a fish walk out of water. Let me tell you, when that happened, it changed everything.

And, as a young man, we saw the dinosaurs sprout feathers and wings. Good times, man, good times.

People say Evolution is still out there doing her thing. Let me tell you something, though, she ain't what she used to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit