Any forum members being affected by Hurricane Isabelle..is everybody safe?

by Special K 51 Replies latest jw friends

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I hope you all are ok!!!!! We're getting showers and a bit o' windiness from the edges of Isabel, but we're out of the main storm. I live right up against the border of PA, in OH. I'm more worried about my sis, Xandria!!!!!! Make sure to let us all know if you are allright, for all those people in the hurricanes path!!!!!

• maxwell
    maxwell

The worst is past for here. The storm's eye passed a little bit farther to the west than was expected. The worst time was between about 10 pm and 1 am last night. High winds (gusts at least 50 mph) and a lot of rain. So there are a lot of trees down and flooding in some areas. I can't see any trees down from my apartment, only the kind of debree you always see after a big thunderstorm and no flooding near me, but I know some neighborhoods have some flooding. Old Town Alexandria keeps getting shown on tv. They have been affected by a bit of Potomac Surge. It's starting to recede, but there will be a lot of cleanup there. I'm going to take a walk a little later to see what my neighborhood looks like.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It turns out we got off easy in eastern PA. Only a bit over an inch of rain. Some winds, but nothing real bad - maybe 30-40 mph at times. Wasn't much more windy than a typical blustery winter day.

The local school district pushed the panic button and closed. Yeah, I know, better safe than sorry. But as early as 5 am one could tell that we were not in for a big deal here. They should have had a one or two hour delay and assessed things from there.

• DJ
    DJ

Mornin all....The hurricane was down graded to a tropical storm last evening but the winds were severe here. No flooding in the Philly suburbs like they expected....thank God...we have had enough. There are lots of tree limbs in my yard and it is still windy out there but the sun is trying to peak thru. We lost power overnight and my little boy was up all night with a fever. We had a really fun night... All schools are closed so the kiddies are home today. It could have been really bad so I am thankful that it wasn't. I feel bad for the anyone in the Outer Banks. NC and who saw the weather channel guy in VA get blown off the screen?...cracked me up... He isn't laughing yet, but one day he will when he sees that. Winds are an awesome thing to watch. The power is incredible, makes one feel so insignificant.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The hurricane's been downgraded to a tropical storm, but it's windy and raining in Toronto, and getting worse. I just got to work soaked and am trying to avoid dripping all over my keyboard. My biggest concern is that my basement will get flooded, so I moved all my computers off the floor. Also, it's hard to light a smoke because of the wind, and we're not allowed to smoke inside here. What a pain in the butt!

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have any electric at home, but I'm at work now. Hopefully, power will be restored soon.....

Worldlygirl

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I survived the hurricane also. Altough it didn't get quit as bad here as was expected. We only had the 40 to 60 mph winds here.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Maybe's :

Yes we are all right. Been trying to call you for the past two nights LOL

We got some wind 30 mph and rain. We are to get more rain Monday. QUACK.

X.

We saw a spectacular rainbow after Isabel's winds came through Charlotte.

Although this photograph is not from the coast, I thought your readers would be interested in how Isabel "painted the sky" in Charlotte on her way out .

The Charlotte Observer-Wind-whipped waters of the South River break over the shoreline about 25 miles north of Beaufort, N.C.

A Land Rover lies on its side after it was flipped by the rough surf Thursday in Kitty Hawk N.C.

Ducks swim near a picnic table in a park flooded by the Trent River in New Bern.

stinging rain and blasting wind as he helps secure a rocking sailboat at the Elizabeth City Shipyard in Elizabeth City, N.C.

Debbie Boyce, owner of the Discovery Diving Center surveys the damage to her docks Thursday after Hurricane Isabel passed over Beaufort. GARY O'BRIEN/STAFF We are just glad many of our friends in New Bern and Greenville area are safe. X.
  • RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, at about 3:00 A.M. this morning here in Toronto, I noticed the wind gusting quite strongly with intermittent rain.

When I went to bed, the wind was stronger. You could hear the wind gusts under the eavestrough, and of course, the trees swaying in the breeze.

Obviously, once I woke up, it's just like a typical fall rain, with a bit of wind, but otherwise: F I N E.

I hope everyone else that lived in the path of Hurricane Isabel, are fine.

Once the hurricane/tropical depression makes landfall, it begins to weaken, mind you, that takes a bit of time, but fortunately for us along the Lower Great Lakes, things are calmer, but I'm sure Lake Ontario and Erie, are very choppy.

Hope everyone is well.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Well Western New York was supposed to be right in its path into Canada. It has been raining all night long..winds now are picking up..I sure hope that we do not get the rain that they have predicted. I am glad everyone here from NC are ok. My mom and two brothers live in NC but they live in Ashville they only got the wind.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit