2018-05-18-BOE--Instructions For Circuit Accounting!

by Atlantis 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I'm going to guess that our assembly hall is used 30 weekends a year. So that generates $600,000 a year in revenue for the org.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Quite frankly, the cost is reasonable. The problem however is that they don't explain anyone how exactly that money is spent. So there is much room for speculating. Still 10$ for an event that lasts a day is not much.

Yeah, I know, there is plenty of volunteers for those events, so the expense for the event itself is minimal. But try to attend a day long even that is not religious. Odds are that it will be more than 10$.

Still, it's the fact they don't explain any of this to the rank and file that leaves room for mishandling of the money. I believe that any non-for profit organization should be 100% transparent about such things.

• User99
    User99

Stephane,

Yes, transparency is one of my main concerns. I spoke with someone who handles these donations in the Southern US and he told me that my understanding of how donations are handled is wrong. So my reading this document gives me more information than someone who is actually handling the funds. The Society is misleading in yet another area.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When you don't disclose where the money is going, you must be hiding something!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit