How do I find a congregation?

by Happythoughts 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• micheal
    micheal
    You have found a congregation of spiritually enlightened people right here! Why go to meetings a mere 5 times a week, when you can receive knowledge and understanding right here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And we can show you much more about the Watchtower Society than most JW's can!

And you can do it while drinking a nice cold one!! Now try to beat that.

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

That is nuts! I'm almost convinced. LOL

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Check out http://www.freeminds.org and read some of the stories & doctrines.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Happythoughts! You've hit a board of mostly EX-Jehovah's Witnesses, so you'll get an insider's view of that oh-so-serene-and-happy cult. I was one for most of my life, left last year, and I feel closer to God than I ever have. I don't think there is ONE TRUE RELIGION and I do see a tendency in people when the start forming groups (a/k/a religion) the rules get in the way of the worship of God. Look around and see. Try the Methodists -- they seem to be fairly liberal. As for hell, I don't believe in it either -- I don't see how or why a God who created babies and basset hounds could stomach seeing people burn forever. I've only known a couple of people in my lifetime that I'd wish that on, and even then I think I could think of a better punishment.

Anyway, read some of the old posts, get to know us, and see what you want to do! We're happy to have you here!

Nina

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

Thanks Nina

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome, happythoughts! Nice avatar btw...

• yxl1
    yxl1

follow your nose, the smell of bullshit is unmistakable

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How do I find a congregation?

All you have to do is to pray to Jehovah, that if he's there to give you a sign. Then, two JWs who are just about to finish their preaching for their day, will decide to do "just one more house" and will knock on your door the second you finish praying. (Well, if the experiences given at conventions are accurate, that kind of thing seemed to happen a lot!)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

a congregation of what?

• shamus
    shamus

Bang yourself on the head 20 times with a hammer, and go to your local kindumb hall. Tell them that you want to study....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit