Why doesn't the WTS website have a discussion forum?

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

iiz2cool is exactly correct, we'd show up in their chat room. The Society could not deal with that. This is why they don't provide e-mail as it makes it too easy for anyone to contact them. Hard copy by regular mail takes more effort and reduces the number of people involved. - Jim W.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Why doesn't the WTS website have a discussion forum?

For the same reason the Soviets didn't have freedom of the press. Discussion is irrelevent. Thought is irrelevent. The only thing that matters is selling more literature. The only way to do that is say what the Society wants you to say and think what the Society wants you to think.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

discussion??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit Smiley Central!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Amazing said:

This is why they don't provide e-mail as it makes it too easy for anyone to contact them.

Well according to the stories I've seen here, it dosen't look like the WTS is too big a hurry to respond to "snail mail", what makes you think they would acknowledge e-mail?

Big Tex said:

For the same reason the Soviets didn't have freedom of the press. Discussion is irrelevent.

Actually that seem to be the theme here of late !

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe we should offer our services? One, ready made, JW forum, live and kicking ...

... don't think they'd go for it, do you?!

• Prisca
    Prisca

If anyone thinks the mods here are strict, imagine what WTS mods would be like?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Surely the society couldn't believe that such a site would be inundated with doubting and disgruntled individuals with an 'axe to grind' with them. I am sure that there would be many members here who would have many sincere enquiries to make with the society, without wanting to disrupt, or harass.

Remember how long the thread on JWMatch.com was? Imagine how much fun we'd have if the wbts did start a forum up like that!!!

• SadElder
    SadElder

OMG can you imagine all the work the Bethel CIA (AKA Service Department) would have trying to write letters to the elders in all those congrgations telling them to go investigate writer so-and-so. The old boys couldn't stand the heat.

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

think of what they would have to delete not just daily but hourly. b/c they don't want people to acctually start thinking for themselves they want processed packed thinking for all. what if the joe-shmo-witness came along and found out things he shouldn't know about the FDS then what?

(btw- i don't know if anyone else has realised this before but this JUST come to me the FDS= faithful and discreet slave but it is also Feminine Deoderant Spray..... interesting or maybe just interesting to me b/c i am soooo tired)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hahaha!! No way would the WTS ever put a discussion board online! They'd need the equivalent of 1,000 never-sleeping-onacruses to moderate all of the posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit