Good bye to last JW friend

by Sabine 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabine
    Sabine

I am posting snippits of an email I sent to one of the last JW that I still had contact with. I was planning to visit the area she lives in and she was interested in meeting for dinner. This is what I wrote her:
    >
    > I have to be honest *****, as much as I love you and ***, I need to
    > make it clear that I am no longer a JW, never will go back to it, and
    > honestly feel in my heart it is an evil cult. I don't feel the need
    > to get all apostate on you or even bring it up at all, but I feel
    > that I owe you two the honest truth about how I feel. I don't know
    > if the "rules" have changed about associating with non-JWs, actually
    > we would be disfellowshipped if any of the local elders had the balls
    > to come over and ask us how we feel about the religion. I just hated
    > when people would hide their standing in the religion just to
    > associate with the "friends". Like I said, I don't go looking for
    > active JWs to put doubts in their minds. Heck, it took the death of
    > my daughter, and even a year after being treated like crap, to look
    > closer. But I have to stand up for what I believe and I also don't
    > want to misrepresent myself. If you want to meet up for dinner in
    > ****, I would love to see you two, I miss you
    > two so much, you are like the little sisters I never had. But I
    > respect you too much to not be completely truthfull about my position
    > in regards to the JW religion. I will understand if you don't want
    > to associate with me.
    >
    Here is the reply I got back:

I don't know what to say about the evil cult thing except I stand by
    what the bible says and no other religion has taught it. I think it's
    evil to murder, persecute & torture people for their beliefs, which
    JW's have been. Plus the world religious scene speaks for itself on
    the true evil out there. I'm really sorry you feel that way but that
    is your choice. I stand by Jehovah and his organization.

I prefer to think of you, ***, ******** and *******(my daughter that died) in fonder and happier
    times. I know you guys are doing what you want to do and wish you the
    best. *********

After the suicide death of my daughter this "sister" was one of the few to stand up for me, question the elders constantly on why we were not being helped. Finally she moved, thinking it was a "local" problem. It hurts, but I am surprized that I am able to not take it personally. She knew and loved my daughter, what an incredible person she was, and she saw how our family was basically kicked in the teeth while lying bleeding in the gutter by the local elders, yet the indoctrination is so strong....

Goodbye dear friend, another one on my list of loved ones to mourn and miss...

I am posting this also for my husband makena. He is on a business trip right now in a state where his best JW friend lives (mak studied with him and unfortunately brought him into the cult). He emailed this friend that he would be in his town and could they get together, and there has been no reply. He has "come out" to this friend recently, but there has been no response. I know he is hurt about it, and I just wanted to say how sorry I am we have to go through this....love ya honey.

• avishai
    avishai

(((((Sabine))))) Been there, done that. They've shoved my dead JW dad in my face, how fatihfull,blah blah, etc. he was. Sorry for your loss, both past & recent.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It takes courage to take a stand like you did. On the other hand, perhaps you could have 'gotten away' with not 'coming out' and still maintained the friendship. But, as you put it

I just hated
    > when people would hide their standing in the religion just to
    > associate with the "friends".

• rocketman
    rocketman

....I had to continue on another post......anyway, Sabine, I agree, and there are many jws who stay with that religion soley because of the association. It sadly looks like you may have lost this friend.

• myself
    myself

(((((((Sabine))))))) Your friend has been deeply possesed by that cult. I am proud of you for standing up for what you believe in. It is done with a high price to pay. She isn't thinking in her own terms, she is replying as she has been told. When our "beliefs" are so drummed into our minds, it is hard to see outside of that circle. I am glad she was with you when you needed her while others took the opportunity to kick you when you were down, maybe someday she will understand what being kicked like that really is, and will know what had rocked you to your senses.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I honestly feel your pain. It's just sad to see people follow the Jaraczhova's witnesses ideas on what true Christian love is rather than their own heart. I'm sorry about the death. Right now, I'm dealing with a death of somebody close to me too. It's truly sickening when people would put a corperation that did nothing for them except take their money to peddle books in front of their friends and family.

PM me if you'd like.

P.S. If your friend is still talking to you, talk about the mental torture people get from friends and familiy when they talk about the faults and fallacies of the WT (Bring up the quotes about 1914 on the covers of pre-1995 Awakes and Deut 18:22... That really makes them think.)

See how she acts. Maybe one day, you might plant the seeds of doubt in her and make her leave the Watchdollar cult.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sabine and Makena

Our thoughts go out to you. CJ and I lost some very dear friends as well, and our hearts are heavy when we think of them. It is so frustrating to see all those years of good times and companionship "flushed " away. And you see them going about their lives, as if everything was swell, but we know now how better it would be for them, if "only they could see"

xjw_b12 " Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• willyloman
    willyloman

What a courageous and conscientious letter you wrote to your "friend." It stands in sharp contrast to the reply she sent to you.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((((Sabine))))))) & (((((((Makena)))))))))

yeah, it sucks that old "friends" are nothing but heart damaged and follow a man made organization.

Hang in there, sweetie.

j2bf

• Gadget
    Gadget

(((Sabine)))

I recently came out about how I feel about things to my girlfriend. She dumped me because of it, and phoned my parents to tell them about it. My dad didn't phone me, just my elders and all my friends to tell them that I was now a dangerous apostate and to be avoided. It hurts to know how brainwashed they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit