Revised NWT...cross references...Has anyone noticed....?

by 4thgen 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clambake
    Clambake

I just hate the fact all the covers of there bibles are a different color so you stick out of a sore thumb if you are using a different version of the bible. Like they didn't do that on purpose.

I did notice the cross references too jeremiah 17:10 revelations 2:23 are removed too.

• Perry
    Perry
    I know the "animal souls" question was for Perry, but I wonder about that as well. I know that Science shows zero evidence for a soul that lives on, but who knows?

Well, I for one can testify that after I was saved, my mom's distant cousin told me that i should pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Not thinkng much of it, I prayed for that one time only. About a week later, I started speaking in tongues all night long while my soul was separated from my body, presumably in heaven.

I had the amazing experience of actually being in two places at the same time. I did not however have two consciousnesses. But I could choose the consciousness to be in the body at home, or in the spirit in heaven.

This went on for several days. I would wake up fully at peace, but tired in my spirit. My wife witnesses the speaking in tongues, so I know it wasn't a dream. It was definitely no dream.

You should read up on terminal lucidity, where people, sometimes with their entire brains eaten away with cancer or Alzheimers have a few minutes of complete lucidity a few hours before their death. I believe that to be the soul speaking when it nears departure.

My mother did not have an easy passing recently. I was told that a few hours before her death, with 4 times the medication needed to knock anyone out, that she would have episodes of panic and cry out, " I don't want to die"! She screamed out other things as well. I believe that was her soul expressing it's uncertain destination.

People do not have to be uncertain. God promises KNOWING to his children. I have personally experienced the cocky self assuredness as a fully engaged Watchtower representative, and the KNOWING that God puts into a person supernaturally when they a born again. They are completely different.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

Here's one that I'm very surprised they kept:

Hebrews 11:16 (talking about the faithful men of old who will supposedly be resurrected to Earth): But now they are reaching out for a better place, that is, one belonging to heaven. Therefore, God is not ashamed of them, to be called on as their God,+ for he has prepared a city for them.+

Here's how the Watchtower explains it away:

*** w98 1/15 p. 11 par. 12 “Walking by Faith, Not by Sight” ***

Hebrews 11:16 says: “God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God, for he has made a city ready for them.” Yes, Jehovah has a place for them in the earthly realm of his Messianic Kingdom.

Yet the Cross reference at the end is to Hebrews 12:22:

But you have approached a Mount Zion+ and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem.

Oops! Silly bible, ignoring the Truth as it has been revealed by Jehovah's Faithful and Discreet Slave.

• Perry
    Perry

Good catch Naos! The cross reference is heavenly as well!

13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 And indeed if they had been [l]thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not [m]ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

WT teaches that the OT faithful are going to be resurrected on earth.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Perry said: "But we all have a soul that is eternal, which was made in the image of our eternal creator."

Excuse me Perry, where does it say in the Bible that the soul is "eternal"?

• Perry
    Perry

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Daniel chapter 12 says:

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

While virtually all scholars know that the bible teaches that the soul survives the death of the body and either goes to hades (not gehenna) or to heaven upon departure, a number of respected scholars view the lake of fire and those that (perish) there as being annihilated.

They seem to argue that even though man "cannot kill the soul", as Jesus stated ...God can. In this view, unrepentant souls are eventually annihilated in the Lake of Fire after the Thousand Year Reign, after being judged at the Great White Throne.

Both views are totally different than what the WT teaches.

Diogenesister,

Thank You. I haven't really studied out the animal question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit